Console vs. PC?

iansutton91

If you check the link, it was because they found through tests that the best xbox players were consistently beat by the average PC players. The xbox controller just didn't have the precision and versatility of the keyboard/mouse control. Even though the xbox players actually had better reaction times, the PC players were able to get on target faster, shoot first and more accurately. - they were playing Gears of War and several other MMO shooter type games. The disparity was so bad MS canned the whole idea because it wouldn't be fair to the xbox players to compete with PC players.

bBen, that is an interesting find you posted. I wasn't aware of such issues between Xbox 360 controllers when compared to PC gamers using keyboard and mouse. I heard that the PS3 is capable of allowing players to use a keyboard and mouse, but I'm not sure if this feature allows players to use the devices as an alternative controller.

If you check the link, it was because they found through tests that the best xbox players were consistently beat by the average PC players. The xbox controller just didn't have the precision and versatility of the keyboard/mouse control. Even though the xbox players actually had better reaction times, the PC players were able to get on target faster, shoot first and more accurately. - they were playing Gears of War and several other MMO shooter type games. The disparity was so bad MS canned the whole idea because it wouldn't be fair to the xbox players to compete with PC players.

Well, you can buy a device that makes keyboard + mouse multiplatform. Like you can hook up keyboard and mouse to an xbox 360, and ps3. Only bad thing is it's like 80$ last time I checked.