ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Request: Crossbow

gaiammo

If its possible can someone make me a crossbow model. With a scope on it, or if not then can u just make a lever-action-shotgun with a scope on it. Because i look up soooooo many tutorials of how to model and i find none of them are helpful so ive made this request :psyduck:

Yeah that mod just dissapeared. Sad because I had written suggestions on how to further develop it.

I started making a model for it... just by adding a scope onto it. But when i was all finished with it and put it in the correct area with the ammo, when i tried to equip the crossbow my game crashes :( so i deleted the new model for it

The most usual cause for that is just referencing a non-existent string. You know how each node in NifSkope has a number and a name? Well, the name comes from a list of strings, and the number is which string in that list.

If you show the blocks in list, click on the first one in the list top-left, and then scroll a bit down in the list at the bottom, you'll see two things that are important:

1. Number of strings

2. The list of strings

The list is zero based, so if, for example, the number of strings is 15, then the actual strings are numbered 0 to 14. If your newly copied node references number 16, it will crash the game engine.

You can just increase the number of strings by 1, update the string list by hitting the green circle icon next to it, then expand the list and edit the new empty string at the end to be a more useful name for that new node you inserted. E.g., "##Scope". Then return the tree view instead and update the node too, to use the new string.

So it's a bit of a pity that you deleted it, because you could have fixed that in a minute or so.

Well, assuming it's that. One can also accidentally mess up the tree structure itself too.

• 5 weeks later...