Can't help Triss Merigold to finish what she started in Novigrad? Quest Bug!?

• 1 month later...

Did you walk out of the main street exit door of Whoreson Junior's Villa in Oxenfurt or fast travel out of the courtyard? If you did the latter then your game save is bugged, there are no forced trigger mods. The only solution if that is the route you took is to drop back to a pre Oxenfurt villa save. This is a well known mod/quest bug.

I used this code in the console, still stuck on Triss's mission though?

• 1 month later...

Plz help, it still bugged for me. After i went to Phillipa's hideout and found her crystal, i was supposed to ask Triss, Yen or Radovid for help, but Triss and Yen don't have a dialogue option that i need to complete the quest, and Radovid's guards won't let me go inside his ship, so i'm stuck and need help. Plz if anyone knows what to do, or i'll have to backtrack like 50 hours of gameplay :/

w

Plz help, it still bugged for me. After i went to Phillipa's hideout and found her crystal, i was supposed to ask Triss, Yen or Radovid for help, but Triss and Yen don't have a dialogue option that i need to complete the quest, and Radovid's guards won't let me go inside his ship, so i'm stuck and need help. Plz if anyone knows what to do, or i'll have to backtrack like 50 hours of gameplay :/

Forget it i just got Triss note lmao

• 1 month later...

I am putting this here in case someone comes across this post looking for a fix. Adding some common google search terms.

Now or never glitch or bug
Brothers in arms glitch or bug
Help triss finish what she has to do in Novigrad glitch or bug
To fix these issues you can use the console to fix it. If you are stuck at the Brothers In Arms quest with Triss - open console and type in the following "below" in this order. It will start a quest that is missing from your game. The quest to find Philippa Eilhart "Redania's Most Wanted". After you complete that quest and turn it in to Radovid, it will trigger "Now or Never, and so on. You game is back on track and fixed.
addfact(q302_completed)
addfact(q302_post_mafia_completed)
addfact(sq302_start)
Reason the quest gets bugged. After you find Whoreson and complete the quest, you must leave the area through the gate. If you do not, it will not trigger the mission "Redania's Most Wanted" and so on. There is a mod that lets people fast travel from anywhere and this is what causes the issue for most people. They fast travel out of Whoresons house instead of passing through the gate which of course a ruins a huge chunk of the game.

I saw this after almost breaking down because of the bug.

I had the same bug during my first playthrough, where I thought it was because I triggered an event that barred me from continuing the quest.

Funny story: The point where you [spoilerS!] kill Menge and burn down the Witchhunter's HQ. I couldn't see the exit (where you have to blast through a wall) so I jumped over the wall.

Bugged it out completely and I was so confused, spent a good half hour trying to get it right.

• 1 month later...

Did you walk out of the main street exit door of Whoreson Junior's Villa in Oxenfurt or fast travel out of the courtyard? If you did the latter then your game save is bugged, there are no forced trigger mods. The only solution if that is the route you took is to drop back to a pre Oxenfurt villa save. This is a well known mod/quest bug.

How to open console? Please help

• 1 month later...

I am putting this here in case someone comes across this post looking for a fix. Adding some common google search terms.

To fix these issues you can use the console to fix it. If you are stuck at the Brothers In Arms quest with Triss - open console and type in the following "below" in this order. It will start a quest that is missing from your game. The quest to find Philippa Eilhart "Redania's Most Wanted". After you complete that quest and turn it in to Radovid, it will trigger "Now or Never, and so on. You game is back on track and fixed.
addfact(q302_completed)
addfact(sq302_start)
Reason the quest gets bugged. After you find Whoreson and complete the quest, you must leave the area through the gate. If you do not, it will not trigger the mission "Redania's Most Wanted" and so on. There is a mod that lets people fast travel from anywhere and this is what causes the issue for most people. They fast travel out of Whoresons house instead of passing through the gate which of course a ruins a huge chunk of the game.

THANK YOU SO MUCH ! I was seriously borked trying to find a solution to this. You saved my entire game...all 141 hrs of it.

How to open console? Please help

Go here, READ THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS, download and install, restart game and then press F2 and enter the 3 commands, hitting Enter after each one. http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1555/?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I am putting this here in case someone comes across this post looking for a fix. ÃÃÂ Adding some common google search terms.

ÃÃÂ

ÃÃÂ

To fix these issues you can use the console to fix it. ÃÃÂ If you are stuck at the Brothers In Arms quest with Triss - open console and type in the following "below" in this order. It will start a quest that is missing from your game. The quest to find Philippa Eilhart "Redania's Most Wanted". After you complete that quest and turn it in to Radovid, it will trigger "Now or Never, and so on. You game is back on track and fixed.

ÃÃÂ

addfact(q302_completed)

addfact(sq302_start)

ÃÃÂ

Reason the quest gets bugged. After you find Whoreson and complete the quest, you must leave the area through the gate. If you do not, it will not trigger the mission "Redania's Most Wanted" and so on.ÃÃÂ There is a mod that lets people fast travel from anywhere and this is what causes the issue for most people. They fast travel out of Whoresons house instead of passing through the gate which of course a ruins a huge chunk of the game.

Thank you so much! You saved my f*cking life, mate!

EDIT: Just encountered another bug, following the main problem this post is addressing... After obtaining the item so called "Polished Crystal", I still can't open a conversation with Triss regarding the quest. Something must be off...

EDIT #2: Seems you should not fast travel from inside the portal labyrinth... You need to get out the way you got in to activate the cutscene where you slaughter the Witch Hunters, only then you get the dialogue option with Triss.

Edited by Oddox