saving mod

socokilzu

I am very new to the CS. For some reason I can't understand, when I try to save my work in CS a box pops up that says something like "all dialog boxes must be closed before saving". I went to prefs and checked boxes in misc for skip initial cell load like the wiki said, but its no good they still load. I have no idea how to close dialog boxes or if I'm even in the right place. I am using vista, and have seen a lot of bad press on it. I don't want to change to 7 or go back to XP. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any windows open execpt for render, object, and cell browser, close those, that should fix it :)

Edit - the other windows can be hidden behind any of the above as well.

Edited by FakePersonality

If you have any windows open execpt for render, object, and cell browser, close those, that should fix it :)

Edit - the other windows can be hidden behind any of the above as well.

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately there aren't any other windows active or open, and it just wont let me save. I keep thinking maybe its a glitch, but Ive reinstalled it like 5 times now and its always the same story. This all started because I wanted to change iactivatepicklength from 150 to 300 for "Gears of War Camera". I love the mod but it sometimes wont target items on the ground. Anyway thanks again for the advice :D

I am still unable to save anything I do in the CS. I've reinstalled it twice now hoping I just had a bad DL. Every time I try to save Im told to close all open dialog boxes before saving. There are no other windows open besides the CS itself. Am I misunderstanding dialog boxes? :wallbash: