ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

How to get mods to run after new game update?

ClayboTGW

Anyone know how to get the game to run mods after today's update to version 1.4.132 official, I've checked my ini files for the strings and invalidate settings still FO4 does not load any mods, may it has to do with the new addon feature so at this point I'm stuck with a unmodded game.

Ok I found a work around it will work until all the other tools are updated to the new version of the game..

Do this and your mods will work!

X:User/Appdata/Local/Fallout4 - Make the Loadorder.txt and Plugins.txt read only.(so the launcher wont overwrite them.)

P.S.

If your don't know how to get to your appdata folder go to your hard drive C: and high light your address bar where it says "This PC" and type %appdata%

Edited by ClayboTGW

if your using anything with script extender you'll have to wait till they release a new version of that same goes with Wyre Bash this has been the norm since Oblivion Bethseda will do 3 or 4 updates (not addons) and then all the mods have to play catch up and tools like F4SE etc as well. Also make sure your strings and file invalidations are re added as the new update rewrites your ini files as well.. I knew this was coming so I backed up my ini files and my load orders to text docs so I could pull them back in easly.

Edited by ClayboTGW

I know this update is really new but is there a way for the mods to show up in the add-on tab of the main menu. All my mods are checked off in NMM and in the Fallout 4 data folder but they are not showing up in the game.

Edited by ThorsHand11

I'm having a similar issue. F4SE has already made an 0.1.8 update to work with the 1.4.132 update but I still CTD. Different from you guys though my game completely doesn't work. I can't even start a new game with all of my plug-ins and mods disabled. All I get is the start screen and when I try to go past that I get a load screen then CTD. Guess I'll wait until tomorrow.

TheDrukenMagi - have you been using the CustomControlMap to change keymappings? There was an update to the control mapping between 1.3.47 and 1.4.132. If you have any modifications there you will need to grab the CustomControlMap.txt from F4SE 0.1.8 and re-apply your changes.

Also be sure your game resolution is correct in your ini! If that is off at all it always crashes my game. You can try launching it in windowed/borderless also.

Edited by SilverSie

TheDrukenMagi - have you been using the CustomControlMap to change keymappings? There was an update to the control mapping between 1.3.47 and 1.4.132. If you have any modifications there you will need to grab the CustomControlMap.txt from F4SE 0.1.8 and re-apply your changes.

I'm not super savvy with this stuff, but I uninstalled all of my mods, deleted all the F4SE files (including the CustomControlMap) then re-downloaded them and updated all my mods with their newest update and re-installed all my mods. Still can't load my game....

As far as I know the only mod I have that uses F4SE is Perks per Level (Cause I'm a dirty cheater). I don't think it was doing this before, but the F4SE command prompt thing that pops up when loading the game comes up completely blank since the update.

I was adding new mods when the update happened (It wouldn't let me open the game without updating F4SE), but I have none of the new mods on when trying to start the game.

Also be sure your game resolution is correct in your ini! If that is off at all it always crashes my game. You can try launching it in windowed/borderless also.

Which ini file is this in? For w/e reason my computer doesn't show which files are .ini it just gives me the name.

Edited by TheDrunkenMagi