Change English VO Back

Danragon

Would someone please find out where the alpha-version voice-over files is and the way to replace them in-game?

I can't bear Roche's DAII thug-like voice, Letho's rapsy sound, and the worst of all--Iorveth's neuterly high pitch!

I know it sounds impossible, but I really need it. I feel furious for being cheated by CDPR's faalse advertising every time I play it!

(Why in God's name would they suddenly decide to do such a dump down before the game gets published?! WHY?!)

Edited by Danragon

• 3 weeks later...
Personally, I love their voices in the game. The voice acting overall is phenomenal, and I wouldn't want to change either of those voices you mention. I can't recall how they sound in the alpha version, however, so I'll take a look at some old videos to see if I can understand your frustration.

Yeah, I also love the voices they've used in the game. Especially Iorveth's, it's sexy. The one he had in the alpha trailers was too dark for an elf if you ask me.

But anyway, I'm not sure this would be possible to do because they probably didn't voice the entire game with the alpha voices and then switched to new ones at the last minute (because that would be a lot of work for nothing), they most likely just used those voices as temporary ones for the trailers.. So I doubt the alpha voice-over files exist, at least not for the entire game. Sorry.

But anyway, I'm not sure this would be possible to do because they probably didn't voice the entire game with the alpha voices and then switched to new ones at the last minute (because that would be a lot of work for nothing), they most likely just used those voices as temporary ones for the trailers.. So I doubt the alpha voice-over files exist, at least not for the entire game. Sorry.

Exactly. I have checked out that alpha footage now, and it's obvious to me that those were placeholder voices recorded specifically for those trailers; I do not think they had recorded all the dialogue at that point, already; so I'm afraid you're probably out of luck, Danragon. It all comes down to personal taste, of course, but I think the voices the characters eventually ended up with, are vastly superior to those alpha voices.