DR6 installed, still can't kick or use specials

Hi all,

I'm rather new to the modding community and so far everything has been really smooth. Yesterday I loaded up Wrye bash, BOSS, and a slew of other modding essentials to my fresh oblivion installation. I then add about 80 mods pretty tediously, testing if the game was stable after each install and rebuild of the Bashed Patch. Deadly reflexes gave me some trouble at the start, but once I got it's resource programs working correctly and I had it placed in the right load order, it finally appeared in the bashed patch options for me to select. After I loaded the game I noticed several enemies doing special moves, IE the spinning attack. However, even though I had read the readme, I could not get the special attacks or kicks to work.

I've been messing around with this trying to assess the problem, but I just can't seem to find one. I can use most of the other functions of DR6- the mounted combat, throwing, ducking - I just can't seem to get the most-fun one working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Some of the moves and kicks have skill requirements, check the readme for details, most likely your character haven't met them.

As omletted said special moves are skill based. Head-butts are performed by holding LMB+RMB (block and attack) at the same time. If you're close you will the head-butt. A little more distance and you'll do a standard kick. As your acrobatics increase so does your options for kicking. By the time your at 50 with acrobatics you can jump kick an NPC by running forward and holding your attack and block. Holding a different direction key (W, A, S or D) will perform a different kick depending on your skill. Same things apply to Blade attacks and Blunt attacks. Unless you have atleast apprentice level with blade you can't do the standing power attack where you thrust the weapon forward with 1 hand. I didn't get the spinning move until journeyman level (50). By the time you reach master, or 100, your usual running thrust attack will be replace by a jump attack for one handed blades and a big vertical slash with 2h blades(both of which I've seem shatter and enemies skull). Was it just these moves you had troubles with or is it the special moves such as cutting someone in half, decapitating, and standing stomach impale followed by decap? Edited by TKHawke

i cant either and i have made sure i can use them all cause i have checked all the stat requirments but i still cant....i checked the console after making a new game it said "Combat Moves.esp deactivated" and i have re-installed oblivion twice because DR6 ( when it occasionally works 3% of the time) it freezes and POOF everything that is in my Oblivion directory is gone......which i now have a copy of just incase but i really like the look of the mod and i want to be able to use it without it bugging out on me

For you TesRuler the only thing that comes to mind so far for the esp being deactivated is improper load order perhaps? The mod is very very very sensitive about having combat moves loaded last. DRSplatter.esp(if used) should go right above combat moves and mounted spell casting goes right above that one and horse combat esm should be the last of the esms loaded. (The esms at the top of the list below oblivion.esm NOT the esps.)