Recon Binoculars

Dadki12345

I now have a working set of Binoculars which I took from McCreedy's armor. They look ok in game (Not the best) All I need to figure out is how to get them to scope in and the mod will be good to go.

Not sure if they will be Recon Binoculars or not yet they don't look high tec enough but we will see.

Edit: there a melee weapon so the player can bash with them I just need to get around the block and make it a scope.

Edit, Edit: I also haven't even started a world model but that's kind of easy compared to getting them working with the animation and hand position.

Edited by chucksteel

You could possibly add some kind of upgrade in the workbench that makes them something like Institute Binoculars, They could be high tech enough for recon i think right?

Edit:You may also be able to rip the texture for binoculars from fallout 3 if possible. (not sure if in the base game or a mod but i saw them watching a playthrough)

Edited by Dadki12345

I can't rip the textures from FNV that would get me banned from the Nexus. It's not allowed by Beth to do so and this site takes that kind of offense very serious! (Also the texture alone wouldn't work I would need to also rip the mesh!)

It's not a matter of can I just have them use the Recon Vision. For me it's more of what looks right with the mesh I'm working with, Once I figure out how to change the block to Scope it's really a non-issue which zoom I use.

Once I get a working prototype maybe I'll look into mesh edits and new textures but for now I'm just getting it fully functional.

This is also not a priority mod for me, I do like the idea which is why I started to play with it. Only time will tell where it goes.

hmm well i wasn't aware of the issue of the nexus ban possibility, im not a modder so i have no idea how any of this works (and if i was i would have tried my self lol) well if you ever release a binoculars mod (recon or no) give me a little update, i would love to wee how it goes.

I'll get it working and likely release it. I'm not a 3D modeler I can hack stuff apart make some mash-ups but can't scratch build to save my life.

I'll keep posting here as I make progress, Like I said all I need to figure out is the zoom in view for a basic binocular setup. I just haven't gotten around to digging into FO4edit yet. I don't think it will be to hard to figure out but I wanted to get the model working first.

Again I do like the idea and it will come to life but I have a few other mods on my plate and I'm still playing the game for myself. I work on my mods when I'm board or frustrated with the game itself.