Wires not passing through concrete anymore?

aariq

I was building a settlement recently and found that wires no longer pass through concrete foundations. I have built many fortresses in my first play through, and found it really enjoyable. I would build a wall then lay out wire then build another layer on top of that. Then when I was finished, I would link a conduit on the outside of the wall to the conduits hidden underneath. Now I can't seem to do this.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Has Bethesda taken away this handy exploit?

Does anyone know how to revert it?

There are also performance enhancers, optimization, and added content. Some bug fixes help the game play significantly better...and some destroy fun little exploits.

Anyway, enough about that. Does anyone have any real advice? And again, is anyone else experiencing this problem or is it isolated to my machine?

All these update complaints, I guess I'm just lucky that I never have these problems :ermm:

As for the wires, it honestly never occurred to me to even try to run a wire through a concrete foundation, because that's sort of impossible anyway. I've always ran the wires around the outside of buildings.

Sounds to me like one of the updates broke something you have been doing because they never considered doing it that way.

One of the drawbacks to modding before the game is finalized. :pinch:

Actually what you describe sounds a lot like something I have seen done in real life construction. But instead of just the wire they put in a conduit - ( the metal or plastic tube that is called a conduit in real life) then ran the wiring through the tube later.