ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

I'd like some feedback on a laser weapon design I'm working on

Deleted29949990User

I posted about this a while ago but the thread has been buried under countless other requests and my question has changed so I decided to make a new post.

First of all I'd like to point out that have no modding experience nor any sort of 3D modelling skill.

I'm working on a concept art for a laser weapon that uses fusion cores as ammo I'm using the cryolator animations to avoid having to wait for the creation kit and having to make custom animations, I had help from some awesome people figuring out how to best make this thing work.

I understand that most modders are too busy with their own projects to do any work to help me out.

I'm just asking a few tips on how to best learn 3D modelling and maybe some feedback on the usability of my concept art as a template for a 3D model. I got myself a student license for Maya 2016 but so far I found the software to be very confusing and unintuitive.

here's a link to my deviant art page where you can find the in progress concept art: http://martiniman1.deviantart.com/art/FusionSniperCompilation-592463231

• 2 weeks later...

a new weapon that also uses fusion cores is always welcome. it looks great, sort of has a boxy institute feel. could be the energy weapon version of a anti tank rifle. we need more BFGs with the new way to use power armor!

The scope setup is a bit laughable, but it's not bad. The rest of the design looks good but feels more like a under slung weapon while the sights suggest shoulder mounted.

I would drop all the scope gear off it, place a camera on the end of the barrel and a display screen where the sighting housing is, but I'm not sure if you would be able to get it to display a actively zoomed in image without shouldering action.