I need a FIX for the megaton house

daeadby100cuts

so ive heard a lot of stuff about the glitches with the megaton house and i ran into them when i played this game for xbox, i have just started playin the game on the pc and i would like a mod that will do several things

1) make all the containers in the house safe, i dont want to have to worry about my stuff disaperring on me

2) make the HOUSE safe, i would like to be able to leave stuff on the counters and leaning against walls and that kind of thing.

3)be in fomm form for easy install

the third is not necessary but it would be very helpful

also i have spent about an hour online looking for a mod that will do this and i have yet to find one

so ive heard a lot of stuff about the glitches with the megaton house and i ran into them when i played this game for xbox, i have just started playin the game on the pc and i would like a mod that will do several things

1) make all the containers in the house safe, i dont want to have to worry about my stuff disaperring on me

2) make the HOUSE safe, i would like to be able to leave stuff on the counters and leaning against walls and that kind of thing.

also i have spent about an hour online looking for a mod that will do this and i have yet to find one

Perhaps it might be an idea to expand your search to mods that greatly modify or increase the size of the interior. (house expansion mods) Most of these will answer to both your first and second request and possibly even the third.

Something like this, for example: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1434

Perhaps it might be an idea to expand your search to mods that greatly modify or increase the size of the interior. (house expansion mods) Most of these will answer to both your first and second request and possibly even the third.

Something like this, for example: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1434

I saw those but honstly i would perfer to keep the game as vinlla as possible for the time being (obvious a few mods are allowed like this one which doesnt raelly change anything big but just a small thing)

Are you actually so certain that things will go missing if you put them into containers in your house?

Also, since you're the only one with a "key" to the house, no other NPC's other then followers will go in there.

If you want to be really certain, you could also just use the console:

When you're facing the door (outside of course) just open the console, then select the door with you left mouse button, then type in the console: "lock" then press Enter, close the console and... you'll see. :thumbsup:

Are you actually so certain that things will go missing if you put them into containers in your house?

Also, since you're the only one with a "key" to the house, no other NPC's other then followers will go in there.

If you want to be really certain, you could also just use the console:

When you're facing the door (outside of course) just open the console, then select the door with you left mouse button, then type in the console: "lock" then press Enter, close the console and... you'll see. :thumbsup:

im not so worried about npcs taking them but ive heard there is a glitch where the house will reset,i may go ahead and do it with less valubale stuff, also its not and "npc taking it" issue but a "the container/house reset everything in it" issue

im not so worried about npcs taking them but ive heard there is a glitch where the house will reset,i may go ahead and do it with less valubale stuff, also its not and "npc taking it" issue but a "the container/house reset everything in it" issue

To be honest I've never heard about such a glitch happening at all. Well, except for a rare few.

The only "glitch" I'm aware of is the 2 the wooden crates on the shelves of the "kitchen". If you replace those and put others items in their stead, the crates sometimes might "glitch" back to the shelf where they came from. Other then that, I think you can safely put items all over the place without them "disappearing".

Buying a new theme however, might "reset" the entire cell, including everything you have in lockers and the like.

Edited by BlackRampage