Reset Dead Money

Hi. I played through the entirely of Dead Money. But I want to go back and redo it over again from the beginning, with a clean slate. But I don't want to start an entirely new game. Is it possible to reset the Dead Money quests with the console or using Testacles the Debug Centurion?

I've considered just unchecking Dead Money, playing, saving, then checking Dead Money again. But I have a brother who plays the game as well, and he's right in the middle of the Sierra Madre. So I need something that would affect my file and my file alone.

If this is in the wrong section, I'm sorry. There was new general New Vegas troubleshooting forum, and I didn't think a DLC counted as a mod.

If you uncheck Dead Money, load your save, save, exit and recheck Dead Money, you'll be able to play it again without your brother losing any progress. You'll of course lose any Dead Money items you acquired while you were in the Sierra Madre but your brother's savegame won't be affected as long as you recheck the DLC before he plays again.

Hmmm... Would I need to enter and re-enter a door to make the unchecking and re-checking visible? Because I've unchecked all my mods relating to Dead Money, and whenever I load my game, I'm still standing in front of the drainage grate to the abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker, and it's still sitting there.

• 1 month later...

I dont know if this will erase your brothers save game what I did was cut the files that had dead money mentiond in it from my data folder and put them in a folder in my documents then deactivated any mods that needed dead money, my files are:

DeadMoney - Main.bsa

DeadMoney - Sounds.bsa

DeadMoney.esm

DEADMONEY.NAM

Then I start the game, save and quit then place the files back in my data folder, reactivate my mods, start the game and wait a few seconds for it to kick in.

Im posting this because I tried the other way and it did not work for me.

• 2 years later...

You can try deactivating it, then moving all the Lonesome Road files out of the Data folder. Load your game and save, then move everything back.