UnrealScript Ext for ModBuddy

TeamDragonpunk

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was having issues getting that set up for ModBuddy last night. I unzipped it into the subdirectory as specified and when I loaded up a project the only thing it did was to indicate a NullReferenceException error on the first character of my abilities template file and recolor some of the text. At some point I got an assertion error as traenol indicated; after that I removed the extension.

Edited by Lucubration

Jesus Christ!

For this I will deal with the pain of switching my color scheme to dark.

1. did as I was told to do in OP
  2. typed a variable name and a dot
  3. burst into tears

Very nice, thanks a lot.

Are you using Windows 10? What is your system specs? Alex just updated the file on Saturday to include additional DLL, so we're ready for another round of testing!

Are you using Windows 10? What is your system specs? Alex just updated the file on Saturday to include additional DLL, so we're ready for another round of testing!

That's the best news I've heard all week (it being Monday and all). It almost worked for me with the previous version, but didn't; what a horrible tease.

Windows 7, 64 Bit. Get the syntax highlighting (and ctrl.arrow now lets me skip a word at a time, thank christ). No auto-complete, except for const/default/global/static

Zingfharn, I want to verify that you get the brown and additional colors from the Syntax Highlighting. You're the first reported user with the extension working for Windows 7, so I just want to verify. If it does work for you, did you have the VS SDK already installed on your computer? It is currently still not working on my Windows 7 laptop, but that could be for various reasons.

Also, it is showing up as an extension within ModBuddy when you click the button?

Edited by TeamDragonpunk

<loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true" />

did it for me on win10 with VS15 installed.

Auto-complete works if src/XComGame files are present (maybe always load them)

Solariz, that's great to hear. It looks like it will always work for Windows 10 users with VS15 installed. We're trying to understand why VS15 makes the difference. This latest update on Saturday includes the additional DLL from VS15 (which is why it's so large), and we are hoping that will do the trick.