UnrealScript Ext for ModBuddy

TeamDragonpunk

Well, still not working for me. Windows 8.1 with VS 2015 installed.

I get the syntax highlighting but the first character of any file I'm looking at shows a NullReferenceException. Trying to get auto-complete to work shows only 'const/default/global/static' options for anything.

Hmmm, can we get a pic of those two, because I'm not sure why you mean? Let's try to work through this step by step. Is anyone else having this issue?

Edited by TeamDragonpunk

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't get the NullReferenceException to recur right now, but here's the auto-complete options I get in all cases:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6sQ4nARvnPlMURYUWVmN0RMQ1U/view?usp=sharing

Looks like it's working fine. Trying to complete the previous entry. Try removing everything to the right of the "dot" and see if it still gives you an error. Also, try to reproduce the error in an actual game file. Everything works fine for me. Until otherwise specified, it's confirmed working for Windows 8.

So, sorry, to clarify - the only thing this actually offers is syntax highlighting?

Also, strangely, if I hit ctrl-j while typing to force intellisense to activate, it works (at least, on local file stuff), but won't automatically trigger.

So, sorry, to clarify - the only thing this actually offers is syntax highlighting?

Also, strangely, if I hit ctrl-j while typing to force intellisense to activate, it works (at least, on local file stuff), but won't automatically trigger.

Syntax Highlighting, Error Underlining, Autocomplete works very well and lists the parameters which is HUGE. There is a dcent list of features that Firaxis simply has to enable in ModBuddy also:

1) Snippets
2) Code Definition Window
3) Object Browser
4) Class Outline (Document Outline)

The intelliSense is limited, but will come with time, as it has to be custom. I'll keep sponsoring Alex for a few months, and then it will be up to the community and donations to keep development coming.

Edited by TeamDragonpunk

Ah, ok, then I misunderstood terminlogy. I don't get autocomplete of any kind.

If I type a local variable name, nothing pops up until I force it do so with ctrl-J. Once I type a fullstop, it doesn't list members, except the 4 in the initial screenshot I provided, and it's the same four for any variable type.

All I have is syntax highlighting.

Ah, ok, then I misunderstood terminlogy. I don't get autocomplete of any kind.

If I type a local variable name, nothing pops up until I force it do so with ctrl-J. Once I type a fullstop, it doesn't list members, except the 4 in the initial screenshot I provided, and it's the same four for any variable type.

All I have is syntax highlighting.

Ok, it sounds like you're experiencing the same issue as Lucubration, so please help us fix this by providing information:

1. What OS?

2. What Primary Language for your system and ModBuddy?

3. What version of Microsoft Visual Studio? What year?

4. Are you using the new package released Saturday?

5. Did you review the steps in the Original Post (I just updated them).

I'll definitely sponsor Alex until we get all the bug fixes worked out. It's the engineer in me, that I can't have my name associated with bad code lol.

1. Win 7 64

2. English.

3. Running Visual Studio from the start menu and hitting help->about shows this: Microsoft Visual Basic 2015 (As mentioned previously, came with Unity).

4. Yes.

5. I think so? You just added that we need VS 2012/5 right?

To re-iterate, I don't see an extension installed under tools -> options and extenstions in modbuddy. There's no error popping up anywhere.

I can't get the NullReferenceException to recur right now, but here's the auto-complete options I get in all cases:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6sQ4nARvnPlMURYUWVmN0RMQ1U/view?usp=sharing

Ok, so you and @zingfharn are experiencing the same issue. Are you running the Unity Microsoft Visual Basic that came with Unity as well? Alex will have to check to see if that is the issue, but at a cursory glance, that seems to be the only difference in our environments.

Trying to find if anyone with the Unity VS install is having issues as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Unity3D/comments/3y6v8x/visual_studio_autocomplete_not_working/

Edited by TeamDragonpunk

1. Win 7 64

2. English.

3. Running Visual Studio from the start menu and hitting help->about shows this: Microsoft Visual Basic 2015 (As mentioned previously, came with Unity).

4. Yes.

5. I think so? You just added that we need VS 2012/5 right?

To re-iterate, I don't see an extension installed under tools -> options and extenstions in modbuddy. There's no error popping up anywhere.

May I ask you a huge favor. If you are no longer using Unity, would you try downloading and installing Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Community? If that DOES work, then we'll know that the Unity version does not have the sufficient DLL. It's process of elimination at this point.