ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Holotape display stand

razieltex

I was thinking about how I would love to unload my holotapes but not just into an un-view able box but instead into a view able stand, maybe similar to that of an 8 track or cassete stand, or maybe something more unique that I wouldn't see coming.

The REAL issue is Beth abusing the 'metaphor' of the Pipboy to such an extreme in FO4. Given that the holotapes (and the very name makes absolutely no sense, since Beth opted out of video playback before the game was finished) are hardly individually unique recognisable objects in and of themselves, it would make sense to handle them via a different and more appropriate interface mechanism.

If they were to be made physically collectable objects that for some (inexplicable) reason one wished to display, they should be resized to the LP dimensions of the original laser discs, so they might at least have unique identication on their outer cover.

The real question is why Beth didn't make the 'holotapes' simply a message option on existing terminals, and had a conceit that once listened to, they also exist as accessible messages on your Pipboy. There was ZERO reason to have them as physical distinct entities in FO4.

The REAL issue is Beth abusing the 'metaphor' of the Pipboy to such an extreme in FO4. Given that the holotapes (and the very name makes absolutely no sense, since Beth opted out of video playback before the game was finished) are hardly individually unique recognisable objects in and of themselves, it would make sense to handle them via a different and more appropriate interface mechanism.

If they were to be made physically collectable objects that for some (inexplicable) reason one wished to display, they should be resized to the LP dimensions of the original laser discs, so they might at least have unique identication on their outer cover.

The real question is why Beth didn't make the 'holotapes' simply a message option on existing terminals, and had a conceit that once listened to, they also exist as accessible messages on your Pipboy. There was ZERO reason to have them as physical distinct entities in FO4.

Who cares.That has nothing to do with what he's asking.

Maybe like a special shelf. Like that mod where you can place certain types of weapons on wall racks. A little shelf that only takes holotapes. It would be neat if different sets of holotapes were different coloured also, like the New Squirrel Series. Since there is a person making a functional displays mod currently, perhaps suggest a holotape shelf or something?

Maybe like a special shelf. Like that mod where you can place certain types of weapons on wall racks. A little shelf that only takes holotapes. It would be neat if different sets of holotapes were different coloured also, like the New Squirrel Series. Since there is a person making a functional displays mod currently, perhaps suggest a holotape shelf or something?

Can you give me a link to that weapon rack mod?