CTD Every Half Hour

Roughly every half hour the game CTD's. I've done a fresh install with the full nVamp setup onto a secondary hard drive (not the C:\ drive), with only a handful of extra mods. One of them is the Auto Incremental Save which is a god send in this case. Aside from that and the standard nVamp gear, I'm running with an Asuka Armor Mk IV and the No Weapons Remover. I installed this yesterday, and made damn sure that every mod I utilize is up to date and patched correctly for compatabililty. If you're going for the computer hardware as the fix angle, I have the following:

CPU> AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz

Hard Drives> WD Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0 Gb/s x2

Motherboard> ASRock 870 Extreme3

RAM> G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)

Video Card> Radeon HD 6950

My load order is as follows:

[X] FalloutNV.esm

[X] CaravanPack.esm

[X] IWS-Core.esm

[X] ClassicPack.esm

[X] MercenaryPack.esm

[X] TribalPack.esm

[X] DeadMoney.esm

[X] HonestHearts.esm

[X] Machienzo - NPC Cosmetic Fixes.esm

[X] Project Nevada - Core.esm

[X] Caliber.esm

[X] Mo'.esm

[X] CFWNV.esm

[X] FOOK - New Vegas.esm

[X] FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esm

[X] ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm

[X] ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm

[X] CINEMATECH.esm

[X] nVamp - Very Voracious Vermin.esm

[X] nVamp - Really Awesome Travels.esm

[X] nVamp - Pathway To Glory.esm

[X] nVamp - Art Of War.esm

[X] nVamp - Gizmos n' Gadgets.esm

[X] nVamp - Crafted And Dangerous.esm

[X] nVamp - Combat nVamped.esm

[X] nVamp - Effects nVamped.esm

[X] nVamp - More Of Everything.esm

[X] nVamp - Core.esm

[X] nVamp - Dead Money.esm

[X] FOOK - New Vegas.esp

[X] FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esp

[X] FOOK - No Loose Files.esp

[X] CFWNV-FOOK.esp

[X] Machienzo - NPC Cosmetic Fixes DLC02.esp

[X] XFO - 1aa - Accuracy Revamp - mild.esp

[X] XFO - 4a - Perks - Paths.esp

[X] XFO - 5b - Skills - SP Formula Rebalance.esp

[X] XFO - 6aa - Epic Skills - Effects Over 100 (NVSE req).esp

[X] XFO - 8a - Cripple & Body Part Revamp.esp

[X] XFO - 8c - Karma Rebalance.esp

[X] IWS-Core-Patrols.esp

[X] IWS-Core-Guards.esp

[X] IWS-Core-Civilians.esp

[X] PMT - Explosive Robots.esp

[X] PMT - Gravity Kills.esp

[ ] PMT - Slower Reloading.esp

[X] PMT - Slower Reloading No Visible Perk.esp

[X] Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp

[X] LUMENARIUM - Working Sunglasses ONLY.esp

[ ] Nevada Skies.esp

[ ] Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp

[ ] Nevada Skies - URWLHH.esp

[X] LUMENARIUMandELECTROCITY - Nevada Skies Replacer.esp

[X] LUMENARIUM - Bright Clear Days.esp

[X] ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp

[X] DYNAVISION 2 - Dynamic Lens Effect.esp

[X] WeaponModsExpanded.esp

[X] WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp

[X] DarNifiedUINV.esp

[X] nVamp - XFO.esp

[ ] nVamp - PMT.esp

[ ] nVamp - Caliber.esp

[ ] nVamp - Weapon Mods Expanded.esp

[X] nVamp - Settings.esp

[ ] nVamp - Core.esp

[ ] nVamp - Very Voracious Vermin.esp

[ ] nVamp - VVV - Bosses.esp

[ ] nVamp - VVV - Glowy Creatures.esp

[X] nVamp - Effects nVamped.esp

[X] nVamp - Dead Money.esp

[X] nVamp - Dead Money - WMX.esp

[X] nVamp - Effects + DM.esp

[ ] nVamp - Effects + Optional.esp

[ ] nVamp - Effects + Optional + DM.esp

[ ] nVamp - Optional + DM.esp

[ ] nVamp - VVV + Effects.esp

[ ] nVamp - VVV + Effects + DM.esp

[ ] nVamp - VVV + Effects + Optional.esp

[ ] nVamp - VVV + Effects + Optional + DM.esp

[ ] nVamp - VVV + DM.esp

[ ] nVamp - VVV + Optional.esp

[ ] nVamp - VVV + Optional + DM.esp

[ ] nVamp - VVV - Dead Money.esp

[ ] nVamp - VVV - Low Spawns.esp

[X] nVamp - VVV - Med Spawns.esp

[X] AsukaArmorMkiV.esp

[X] Auto Incremental Save.esp

[X] Clanf_NoWeaponsRemove.esp

[X] Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Yes the Bashed Patch is active, and the following are merged: FOOK - No Loose Files, IWS-Core-Guards, IWS-Core-Civilians, nVamp - PMT, nVamp - Caliber, nVamp - Weapon Mods Expanded, and nVamp - Core.

[EDIT] Make that a CTD every fifteen minutes.

I'm not too sure about that. It seems to occur the majority of the time when something happens. Loading a scene, finishing a rather large transaction, turning specific corners...

[EDIT] I started a small log of what I was doing when it crashes and when, and it seems to be roughly every half hour or less, and upon loading areas. Entering Caesar's tent, the Lucky 38 entry level, Freeside...

[EDIT] I'd also like to note that on the quest Crazy, Crazy, Crazy I would find pairs of exclamation points on the road up the mountain periodically, as well as invisible "Floater"s found via VATS that I couldn't actually shoot.

... It's hilarious until it happens to you...

Have you tried running with only the NVesm active to make sure your vanilla game is still working as it should since the new install? And I assume this is a brand new character.

I'd hate to have to do that, because there are so many items in my inventory coming from mods right now, including current apparel. I'd lose all of that, wouldn't I?

Did you start a new character after you did the new install? Or since the update?

If you have a bunch of mods and they are putting things into your inventory you can make a save now. You're stuff lives in that save. Just keep this copy of what mods are active so you know which ones to turn back on for that game save and everything will be alright.

Then, go start up a new character and see if your game will play with just the NVesm and see if it plays well. If it does try your list as it is and see how it plays. If it crashes on you start unchecking mods and see what happens. Take out half at a time until it stops crashing and then you can start adding mods back in one at a time (or in groups if it's a mod that works that way) until it starts crashing again.

If you find that there isn't crashing going on with the complete list with a new character then you'll know that the problem is most likely with your current game save, btw.

I've installed the game fresh, installed the different packs, Dead Money, and Honest Hearts, updated it to the Honest Hearts update, and then made damn sure to save the whole installation directory and tuck that away just in case. I will NOT uninstall this baby, lol. After that I installed all of the mods I use according to nVamp's webpage and their load order. Once everything was installed correctly, I made my first game save. I turned everything off via Wrye FLash and am doing as suggested. So far, the vanilla game runs flawlessly. I might even say it runs slightly smoother... I'll edit this with an update as I work through this.

[EDIT] So far I've played with JUST the ESMs and it was fine, and then I tried activating FOOK to Machienzo and the PMT's and it still occured in Caesar's tent. I deactivated the esp's and it happened when detonating three C4's trying to kill some Super Mutants doing Crazy, Crazy, Crazy. BTW, those red diamonds with white exclamation points on the main path of that quest were still there. Floaters, and apparently they "saw" me because my sneak detector said Danger.

[EDIT] I've disabled all the nVamp.esm's and left the rest active and, lo' and behold, it went smoothly. I'll reactivate them a couple at a time to see which one the perp turns out to be tomorrow afternoon...

... It's hilarious until it happens to you...

It does, and no apparent solution exists.

It's the number of mods that interactively decide to scram the PC.

Minor scripts fight amongst each other, like values or mini commands.

And yer PC gets irritated and simply pulls the game's plug (freeze, CDT).

Either drop a few mods (experiment on which one it is, might take a few hours, or do like I do, restart the frikken game every 30 mins.

In the end, I!!! am the winner....

In Dutch: De aanhouder wint.