Is it possible to make a mod that removes a creature?

HelloStranger

Specifically, slaughterfish. My. God. Those things are the most effed up looking fish ever.

All my life I've had a phobia of swimming in water that might have fish in it. Well, at least ever since I went snorkeling once when I was young and a barracuda bit me. So in this game I avoid ALL water for fear of encountering a slaughterfish. (I know, it's wimpy and silly. >_> But then phobias aren't really rational.) This causes me to avoid quests and places with areas where you must pass through water in them, and is overall just kind of making the game less enjoyable.

So I've been wondering if it was possible to do such a thing, and how would one go about it. Thoughts?

You would have to go right-click the slaughterfish entry in the CS and select the "use info". Then delete the slaughterfish entry from all leveled lists that contain it, and also delete or disable any instances of them that are placed in the interior or exterior maps.

I think the only areas that actually have any real quantity of them is Lake Rumare and the rest of the water surrounding the Imperial City. Nonetheless, that's not a guarantee and as such, it wouldn't really help much.

fg109: Wouldn't simply deleting the Slaughterfish Creature from the Object Window simply remove them all anyway?

I will play psychologist for a sec...

I can help you overcome your phobia (I think I can...I mean you can try to do what I say and check if it works at least). I can't write you steps of what to do in front of all of these people :), but if you are interested you can PM me. The process is called "fast phobia cure" and it will scramble your memory of the event that created phobia. I'm talking about your real life not the game. It's healthy to be afraid of sharks and piranhas, but barracudas are not that deadly.

You would have to go right-click the slaughterfish entry in the CS and select the "use info". Then delete the slaughterfish entry from all leveled lists that contain it, and also delete or disable any instances of them that are placed in the interior or exterior maps.

This. That's exactly how I made the No Spider Daedra mod, which was requested for a similar reason (arachnophobia). It took about five minutes.