playable advent mod: details, feedback

davidlallen

OK....I just went in and did some tests via console commands to see the new MEC changes....

First of all, wow!

On the other hand.....wow!

However....WOW!

In conclusion.....WOW!!!!!

Thank you for such awesome MEC armor (powered armorer MEC is like icing on the cake)!

Is this change retroactive to our current saves?

Edited by gaultesian

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this change retroactive to our current saves?

That is an interesting question. The mec armor should be retroactive, because it is an item that you build. For changes in ability trees, I would "expect" that existing soldiers would not suddenly change abilities.

Hey, guys. I'm the art asset guy for Playable Advent (All of the custom armors, including the new MEC Armor Mk.2, are my creation).

What do you think? Is it too "futuristic"? It was obviously inspired by Tron (choose black as color 1, and a vibrant blue or red for color 2. It's awesome.)

Would you like to see a similar style for the inevitable upgrades for other aliens?

What recommendations/suggestions/feedback do you have for me?

Personally, I love it. It is futuristic, but so are the MECs and sort of the timeline (20 years into the future). I have been playing around with the colors and you can really see the MEC's face now (it shows extremely well). Some people may not like the neonish of it, but by the time your squad are wearing power armor, everyone seems to be shiny and fully of chrome....so it does not stand out like a sore thumb.

Great work, and if it's possible in the future (no biggie though):

1. Camo

Now I have to take out my power armor mec and kill some advent :wink:.

Cheers. And great work MacIimes!

Edited by gaultesian

hey guys.
Why you delete viper headwear armor (That looks like the crest on the model)?

IMHO. Default look better. :sad:

P.S. If you have made a unique armor for Viper, why not make a unique weapon (based on default weapons)? To get rid of animation errors at shooting,

Sorry my english, use google translate.

Edited by dronmk2

@ dronmk2,

why not make a unique weapon (based on default weapons)? To get rid of animation errors at shooting,

Yes, that may be the only way to fix these animation problems. The viper armor is "empty" (no graphics or animation) so it was easy. Adding a set of weapons with the right animations will be hard.

@ dronmk2,

why not make a unique weapon (based on default weapons)? To get rid of animation errors at shooting,

Yes, that may be the only way to fix these animation problems. The viper armor is "empty" (no graphics or animation) so it was easy. Adding a set of weapons with the right animations will be hard.

But the model of the weapon and animation are already in the game, you need only to change weapon parameters in INI file and authorize the use viper only.

or I'm wrong?