playable advent mod: details, feedback

davidlallen

Also, wondering about a quick fix for the viper animation firing bug. I remember in the original version that sgtcal10 released, new Vipers had their standard plasma rifles with them, which would animate just fine for their attacks. The same was true of the Avatar's psionic repeater, which was basically just a retexture anyway. Would it be possible to re-add those weapons and/or make new tiers for them, like how the MEC's weapons work? Or at least make it possible to add the regularly-unusable advent weapons to be used?

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are some very disturbing screenshots. Thanks for the info, but as with your other description of five steps of importing and exporting out of the character pool, I am not sure how that relates to things modders can actually do in the source code. I am a little bit stuck on this since the animator who created the armors isn't around anymore. Still, I am discussing with a Firaxis dev on reddit and perhaps I will be able to get some solution.

Reusing the custom viper weapon would work. But we need to define three tiers for it so it will work well as you go through the entire game, which means two upgrade research projects, and a bunch of other stuff. So it is not a "quick" fix unfortunately.

My issue is likely rather minor, given the other issues the mod is facing, but after installing the latest version via NMM, it did not appear as an option to toggle on the official launcher, unlike my other mods.

I don't mind waiting until the other issues are sorted to figure mine out, as much as I love this mod, the alien hunter DLC has given me other fish to fry in regards to mod-related bugs to squash. Just figured I should mention the issue before I forget to entirely in case the fix is already apparent.

Thanks for all your cards and letters. I have tried several things, and I am still not able to fix the extra head. I had one solution, but it creates hundreds of "redscreen" debug messages. I will keep looking. On the plus side, when I do make the new release, the class-specific armor capability they added should fix all the comments about alien armor disappearing, even when the gender is changed.

i kind of find it weird that when i clone a viper it looks and stays like a viper in the armory. but when i take it out into the field it grows a human head. i know its being worked on and all but... if you look back in the coding maybe the solution is in the armory and not the field.

Edited by Havoc56