playable advent mod: details, feedback

davidlallen

Havoc has a point -the armor last time I tired days back, just doesn't actually get equipped, even if you click for the armor to be on the character in the armor load out screen.

This odd glitch thanks to the update and likely the DLC, may have messed up the armory side of the mod, which in turn messes up the mod.

But I am talking hypothetically and agreeing with a decent sounding theory.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I am able to do a release I will update the description to document this more clearly. There are three "first class" aliens (viper, mec, chryssalid) and N number of "second class" aliens (muton, berserker, andromedon, and any others which may be added in the future). For "first class" aliens, maclimes created custom armors and a special setup. These aliens have customizable armor colors and voice pack support. Also after the patch, these aliens have an extra head.

The second class aliens do not have any of these features or problems. Since maclimes is not around and nobody else knows exactly what he did, it is unlikely that any aliens will be promoted to first class. Of course, if any other person who is interested in animation comes along and wants to help, that will be great.

When I am able to do a release I will update the description to document this more clearly. There are three "first class" aliens (viper, mec, chryssalid) and N number of "second class" aliens (muton, berserker, andromedon, and any others which may be added in the future). For "first class" aliens, maclimes created custom armors and a special setup. These aliens have customizable armor colors and voice pack support. Also after the patch, these aliens have an extra head.

The second class aliens do not have any of these features or problems. Since maclimes is not around and nobody else knows exactly what he did, it is unlikely that any aliens will be promoted to first class. Of course, if any other person who is interested in animation comes along and wants to help, that will be great.

Uhm...okay..? I don't fully understand, but I will be patient.

But you're saying I could use the "second class" aliens just fine, and not worry about weird head glitches coming from them in the tactical game? Cause I am about to go test that.

Alright so I just went in game and tested both the Muton, Andromedon, and Beserker in the tactical play -they do indeed work :)

No head glitches, nothing. They act like they had before the patch mess up.

My question is, since you said you are able to release it at some point, is this mod still safe to use? I'm happy just using Mutons, Beserkers, and Andromedons if it is.