My Skyrim Style Dwemer ruins: Never released.

RubberMan01

I did this a few years ago mainly for the wife who wanted to play Skyrim but had a terrible laptop that couldn't handle it. I decided to at least give her a taste of something that felt better than Morrowind ruins.

Lots of pics. Brightness has been adjusted due to MGSO saving dark pics >.<

Also 1 or 2 textures missing but nothing massive.

A lot of the screen shots were too dark to see unfortunately and without video it is hard to appreciate the things like the elevator (lift) or the traps and the sphere door.

IF I ever figure out how to make a video I will post it.....

Slideshow

Oh well for some reason everything I put on Photobucket has been included lol

Edited by RubberMan01

Nice work! Honestly I always liked the Morrowind Dwemer ruins myself, but it is an improvement at least to not make EVERYTHING rust-orange. But certainly everyone has their own tastes. How'd you get a working lift? Somehow I feel that would cause clipping issues where your character would keep wanting to recheck where the floor was every tick. Morrowind never seemed especially friendly for moving scenery.

The lift was easy. The rotating cogs in time with the lift was hard hahaha

A bounding box keeps the guy in. Also there is nowhere to go once the lift starts moving. I wish you could see the door open when you put the sphere in the hands lol as that's cool :D

The textures are missing from the hands for some reason. Must have missed one ..

Also some of the spider guards have shock attacks etc.

Edited by RubberMan01

I see. Sounds very Skyrim. :P

How do bounding boxes work exactly? Sounds an important thing to know, especially if one were inclined to, say, make boats that actually moved rather than teleporting you.

Well the boats thing has been done as as the walking Silt strider. In these cases you wouldn't use any kind of bounding box but a script to remove the ability of the user to move the player.

A bounding box keeps the guy in. Also there is nowhere to go once the lift starts moving.

Except when the player is in 1st person view. I always fell when using the lift in Darknut's Greater Dwemer ruins until I figured out what the issue was :pinch: