Condition Overhaul mod

Hrenak

Not sure if this is the right forum area or not, if it's not please move it to the proper area.

Last Updated: 3/9/16

This thread contains spoilers, don't continue below if you've haven't finished the game
Infinite_Spoilers.png
Since the Creation Kit is just around the corner, I thought I'd share with you one of the various mods I'm going to be working on:
The Condition Overhaul mod, which fixes any and all dialogue triggers and quest / dialogue conditions, as listed here (more will be added by comment feedback).
Each listing will be sorted by the place or quest it takes place in, under the Dialogue or Quest Condition categories respectively.
If any of these are fixed, they will be crossed out.
Dialogue Conditions
Diamond City
  • Guards comment on how "The Mayor" doesn't like Piper, which still happens after Wolf in Sheep's Clothing quest.
  • Nat still comments on how The Institute is still operating
  • Nat will refer to the first issue based on your story, even though it happened awhile ago and won't point towards the one about The Institute.
Thicket Excavations
  • Deacon and Preston Garvey will repeatedly comment on how "I wonder how it looks when it's drained.", or "No telling how deep that is, or whatever's living in it", even though you've finished the quest to drain the quarry. If this happens with any other companion feel free to comment and tell me which one.
Paladin Danse
Individual:
  • Paladin Danse won't speak to the player if the BoS turns hostile / even with a high affinity, this will be an optional fix since not everyone would agree to him speaking to the player again, as long as his affinity was high enough.
Preston Garvey
  • Preston won't be removed from his temporary faction and will have his stage set to the temporary Castle Quest condition, which he should've been removed from after the quest was completed; yes, this still happens.

Deacon

• Deacon will get stuck in a loop repeating the same dialogue after gaining his Reset Code, this line of dialogue will only occur on a "once" condition statement, which may or may not cause problems but will be tested out in my earliest build.

The Railroad

• Various members of The Railroad will bring up Glory as being "dead", this should only happen if you've completed the quest: Precipice of War and will have their dialogue conditions corrected.

Quest Conditions
Variable Removal
  • University Point: The "Courser" you're meant to dispose of will be essential, flag will be removed / quest will fail if you're working with the institute up to a certain point.
  • Pam will consistently mention how the "Brotherhood of Steel" is dead, even after she's dispatched the quest, which will be fixed by locking the dialogue out with a second condition until it meets the quest stage requirements.
Abbot Wall
  • Abbot won't appear near the wall if you've already cleared hardware town, hardware town will be reset upon receiving this quest.
Edited by Hrenak

Excellent idea. If you're looking for more - couple related things I noticed after finishing via the Minuteman ending while still being on friendly terms with the Railroad and BOS SPOILERS AHEAD I got banished from the Institute and talked to Desdamona to switch from the RR to the Minutemen, all while not having started the BOS quest Tactical Thinking - not sure if starting it with Maxson (by handing in Blind Betrayal) but not talking to Kells in the second step, when you definitely become an enemy with the RR, would have changed my affinity with the BOS.). The RR people talk about Glory as though she's dead, even though she's walking around (although she doesn't say anything) and, more importantly, PAM talks as though the BOS has been destroyed and, after first sending the PC on a "kill the Courser" quest, sends the PC on missions to wipe out some remaining BOS patrols. When this first happened, I reloaded the save prior to handing in the Courser quest and now have to avoid PAM whenever visiting RR HQ.

Excellent idea. If you're looking for more - couple related things I noticed after finishing via the Minuteman ending while still being on friendly terms with the Railroad and BOS SPOILERS AHEAD I got banished from the Institute and talked to Desdamona to switch from the RR to the Minutemen, all while not having started the BOS quest Tactical Thinking - not sure if starting it with Maxson (by handing in Blind Betrayal) but not talking to Kells in the second step, when you definitely become an enemy with the RR, would have changed my affinity with the BOS.). The RR people talk about Glory as though she's dead, even though she's walking around (although she doesn't say anything) and, more importantly, PAM talks as though the BOS has been destroyed and, after first sending the PC on a "kill the Courser" quest, sends the PC on missions to wipe out some remaining BOS patrols. When this first happened, I reloaded the save prior to handing in the Courser quest and now have to avoid PAM whenever visiting RR HQ.

I'll be sure to add these in, thank's for the reply!

Hey, thank you. Just to clarify, PAM's erroneous dialogue also occurs after "she" sent my char out on a Kill the Courser quest. Not just her giving the Kill the BOS quest, as I might have implied. Not sure if that helps but, yeah, just to clarify.

I've got another dialogue bug that keep bugging me on every playthrough. For some reason, after Deacon's affinity talk where he give you his reset code, his dialogue will go in a loop, so everytime I ask for his thought, he just replied with that dialogue tree. It's pretty annoying.

Hey, thank you. Just to clarify, PAM's erroneous dialogue also occurs after "she" sent my char out on a Kill the Courser quest. Not just her giving the Kill the BOS quest, as I might have implied. Not sure if that helps but, yeah, just to clarify.

That does clarify it, I'll be sure to modify it in my thread.

I've got another dialogue bug that keep bugging me on every playthrough. For some reason, after Deacon's affinity talk where he give you his reset code, his dialogue will go in a loop, so everytime I ask for his thought, he just replied with that dialogue tree. It's pretty annoying.

I'll be sure to add this to my list, I've heard about this happening and how annoying it can be.

• 1 year later...