The Thread of Computers (aka will my computer run Skyrim)

Zeazer

3.74 GBs of video card memory? I'm having my doubts! But you have a pretty decent computer, but I'm not sure if you'll be playing it at max settings...but this is all speculation.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bite.

Window 7 ulti 64bit

i7 2630QM

GTX 570M, core @ 700mhz, shader @ 1400, memory @1800.

16gb of kingston 1866 ddr3

OCZ RevoDrive X2 for OS and a Agility 3 480gb SSD for storage (allot of media work). I also have a spare 750gb drive and some externals.

Oblivion is maxed with 8x AA @ 1920x1080 and stays around 100 fps. lowest was during some midas magic mayhem and that was 68fps, high is typically 130 or so.

low settings at best with 20fps

Well damn thats better than I thought!!!!! I mean this is such a poorly optimized game and all (total sarcasm).

So what about this one

1ghz single core cpu

512mb DDR ram

16mb graphics processor

windows ME

Think it will run on max?

Honestly, I think that if you can play games like rage, you're GTG. I don't expect the system requirements to be over the top.

So what about this one

1ghz single core cpu

512mb DDR ram

16mb graphics processor

windows ME

Think it will run on max?

I think you could totally play Pong with at least 30 frames per second.

Wait a minute, this isn't a Pong forum?

Over the years I have found that kingston modules tend to be better at handling higher voltages and clock speeds, Corsair do pretty darned well too.

Ah, see now i know near to F*ck all when it comes to clocks (can hardly operate an alarm clock!) is that why you went for kingston? better clock results?

exactly, I think it has much to do with the quality of the PCB and the quality of the components Kingston uses that makes their ram modules capable of taking higher voltages without them frying themselves. I'm not necessarily saying G.Skill is bad - it just doesn't work well on my Mobos - which for the past 12 or so years have all been from Gigabyte - chiefly because their excellent faculty for over-clocking.

Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM

System type 64-bit operating system

Number of processor cores 4

Storage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 233 GB

Disk partition (C:) 102 GB Free (233 GB Total)

Media drive (D:) CD/DVD

Graphics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

Total available graphics memory 2815 MB

Primary monitor resolution 1280x1024

DirectX version DirectX 10

will my pc be able to play if so on what setting? plz

Edited by rellf

Assuming everything else on my pc hits recommended requirements (recommended, not required, mind), will an EVGA gtx460 1GB DDR5 graphics card run Skyrim easily? Basically I just want it to look better and play more smoothly than a PS3 or 360. Will the gtx 460 do this?

I'm looking for a card for an upgrade that must be $200 or less, and the gtx 460 is the best value so far...

EDIT: Ooo. I just saw that like half the people on this thread are using the gtx 460 1GB. Okay, it must be expected to run decently then...

DoubleEdit: Wait! Which is better; EVGA gtx 460, or Sapphire Radeon HD 5770?

Edited by Rennn

Assuming everything else on my pc hits recommended requirements (recommended, not required, mind), will an EVGA gtx460 1GB DDR5 graphics card run Skyrim easily? Basically I just want it to look better and play more smoothly than a PS3 or 360. Will the gtx 460 do this?

I'm looking for a card for an upgrade that must be $200 or less, and the gtx 460 is the best value so far...

EDIT: Ooo. I just saw that like half the people on this thread are using the gtx 460 1GB. Okay, it must be expected to run decently then...

DoubleEdit: Wait! Which is better; EVGA gtx 460, or Sapphire Radeon HD 5770?

a 460? .. I would almost bet my life on it .. the 460 is a monster compared to the consoles .. like double the power... and idk about ati cards <_< they lack a lot of features I tend to use like forced SSAO.

My PC is rock solid for Skyrim but my old mans is getting a little old.

He has:

Intel Core2Duo E8400 3.0GHz

4gb DDR3 1600 RAM

PNY 430GT

Think I might buy him an Asus 550ti

na man that'll be plenty for it.

CPU : Intel Core2Duo E8400 3.0GHz

GPU : 430GT

RAM : 4gb DDR3 1600 RAM

yeah thats still better than a lot of pc's

Edited by MizerD

na man that'll be plenty for it.

CPU : Intel Core2Duo E8400 3.0GHz

GPU : 430GT

RAM : 4gb DDR3 1600 RAM

yeah thats still better than a lot of pc's

I wouldn't say "plenty" .. it will run it I'm sure but not much better than a console... that GPU is just about on par with a console GPU except its DX11... which doesn't really matter with skyrim since it wont make use of any DX11 effects.