The Thread of Computers (aka will my computer run Skyrim)

Zeazer

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz

Display Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

Sound Adapter: Speakers (Logitech G35 Headset)

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows Vista Home Premium

DirectX Version: DirectX 11 (Jun2010) or later

Monitor Resolution: 1600 x 900 x 32 bpp

Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz

Physical Memory: 1.99 GB

Available: 935 MB

Used: 1.08 GB

Free Space: 231 GB

How well will this go do you think? I'm going to get more RAM soon, please tell me if I should get anything else. ;)

EDIT: Yes, I know! Vista! I know. I might upgrade to Windows7, but maybe not.

You seriously need to double your memory. Vista needs 2 GB just to run the OS smoothly, which doesn't leave you much for games or programs. If you can add some more RAM you should be able to play at medium settings at that resolution.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would use this link to figure out if you will run Skyrim. If the author could please add it to the first post of the thread, that'd be a help for everyone.

It's a link to see if your computer can run Battlefield 3, which should be the same, if not more, graphics and computer intensive as Skyrim. Battlefield 3 is the closet performing game I can think of to Skyrim.

All credit goes to mod bben for introducing it on the first page.

Click to see if you can run Battlefield 3/Skyrim - SIMPLY CLICK BATTLEFIELD 3 TO THE RIGHT OR TYPE IT IN

Minimum and Recommended Specifications (Listed by the website above, with a few opinions by me. I do know quite a bit about what it takes to run a game myself, I do build computers.)

Minimum Specifications for Battlefield 3

CPU: 2GHz Dual Core

RAM: 2GB

Video Card: (AMD): DirectX 10.1

compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI Radeon 3000, 4000, 5000 or 6000 series,

with ATI Radeon HD 3870 or higher performance)(NVIDIA): DirectX 10.0

compatible with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 or 500

series, with NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or higher performance)

• Video RAM: 512MB
  • Pixel Shader Version: 4.0 (ATI 4.1)
  • Vertex Shader Version: 4.0 (ATI 4.1)

Sound Card: Yes (Meaning, having one in general, even on-board sound)

Free Disk Space: 20GB

Recommended Specifications for Battlefield 3

CPU: Quad Core; (3.0Ghz or Higher)

RAM: 4GB or higher

Video Card: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon HD 6950)

• Video RAM: 1GB
  • Pixel Shader version: 5.0
  • Vertex Shader version: 5.0

Sound Card: Non-on-board sound, meaning you have your sound card or external sound processing. (high quality HD-sound is available on some motherboards, but rare, you'll probably KNOW if you have good on-board sound)

Edited by Stormcrown

I would use this link to figure out if you will run Skyrim. If the author could please add it to the first post of the thread, that'd be a help for everyone.

It's a link to see if your computer can run Battlefield 3, which should be the same, if not more, graphics and computer intensive as Skyrim. Battlefield 3 is the closet performing game I can think of to Skyrim.

All credit goes to mod bben for introducing it on the first page.

Click to see if you can run Battlefield 3/Skyrim - SIMPLY CLICK BATTLEFIELD 3 TO THE RIGHT OR TYPE IT IN

Minimum and Recommended Specifications (Listed by the website above, with a few opinions by me. I do know quite a bit about what it takes to run a game myself, I do build computers.)

Minimum Specifications for Battlefield 3

CPU: 2GHz Dual Core

RAM: 2GB

Video Card: (AMD): DirectX 10.1

compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI Radeon 3000, 4000, 5000 or 6000 series,

with ATI Radeon HD 3870 or higher performance)(NVIDIA): DirectX 10.0

compatible with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 or 500

series, with NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or higher performance)

• Video RAM: 512MB
  • Pixel Shader Version: 4.0 (ATI 4.1)
  • Vertex Shader Version: 4.0 (ATI 4.1)

Sound Card: Yes (Meaning, having one in general, even on-board sound)

Free Disk Space: 20GB

Recommended Specifications for Battlefield 3

CPU: Quad Core; (3.0Ghz or Higher)

RAM: 4GB or higher

Video Card: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon HD 6950)

• Video RAM: 1GB
  • Pixel Shader version: 5.0
  • Vertex Shader version: 5.0

Sound Card: Non-on-board sound, meaning you have your sound card or external sound processing. (high quality HD-sound is available on some motherboards, but rare, you'll probably KNOW if you have good on-board sound)

Now I'm feeling sad since my computer only passes like half of the recommended settings :(

hejpadig; Make sure you check what that website says about your system, it doesn't even detect half of my hardware, and I pass all of it.

I wouldn't feel sad, Recommended Specs mean being able to run it near-high level.

hejpadig; Make sure you check what that website says about your system, it doesn't even detect half of my hardware, and I pass all of it.

I wouldn't feel sad, Recommended Specs mean being able to run it near-high level.

I guess you're right. But I'll upgrade my RAM and my graphics card before the release, which only leaves the OS unchecked on recommended settings

Edited by hejpadig

why on earth would you compare the graphics to BF3? .. what do they possibly have in common? .. different AI systems .. different LOD settup .. different shaders .. different engines .. they have nothing in common at all .. I'm sorry but don't say such dribble .. its misinforming people.

I wouldn't worry about the OS requirements, Not sure why they are there....Higher OS usually impedes the performance of your hardware.. >.<

Newer OS releases also include updated libraries which may have new functions. If a game relies on these new library functions, then it won't be able to work on an older OS unless the game is patched to not rely on them, which may or may not be reasonably possible.

I wouldn't worry about the OS requirements, Not sure why they are there....Higher OS usually impedes the performance of your hardware.. >.<

Newer OS releases also include updated libraries which may have new functions. If a game relies on these new library functions, then it won't be able to work on an older OS unless the game is patched to not rely on them, which may or may not be reasonably possible.

This is true. What operating system are you running?