The Thread of Computers (aka will my computer run Skyrim)

Zeazer

Wow if your gonna spend like 700 dollars upgrading your computer and ram and blah blah blah just get a xbox or ps3.

*refrains from typing what I am thinking about age and maturity*

When the Xbox 360 or the PS3 support the TES construction set, the modding community, 8x AA, and all the other goodies, sure. I played oblivion on an xbox, I played morrowind on an xbox, then in 2006 I figured I would give pc gaming a shot. Never looked back. If you have the computer, PC graphics will always out perform the console. And besides the graphics, the game's modding community makes the game so much better and adds 100s if not 1000s (if one honestly had the time for it all) of hours of gameplay.

You can have fun with your vanilla Skyrim, I will be riding dragons.

Yea I got your point, I guess I'm not that kind of person I'm not saying I don't hate PC gaming I just don't care for mods or graphics.. I mean my console with a HDMI cord is enough for me.

clearly you must have at one point... youre on nexus....

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow if your gonna spend like 700 dollars upgrading your computer and ram and blah blah blah just get a xbox or ps3.

When the Xbox 360 or the PS3 support the TES construction set, the modding community, 8x AA, and all the other goodies, sure. I played oblivion on an xbox, I played morrowind on an xbox, then in 2006 I figured I would give pc gaming a shot. Never looked back. If you have the computer, PC graphics will always out perform the console. And besides the graphics, the game's modding community makes the game so much better and adds 100s if not 1000s (if one honestly had the time for it all) of hours of gameplay.

Yea I got your point, I guess I'm not that kind of person I'm not saying I don't hate PC gaming I just don't care for mods or graphics.. I mean my console with a HDMI cord is enough for me.

Yea because this site posts all the new Skyrim info.

Yea because this site posts all the new Skyrim info.

I was going to comment on that too, but this is more than a modding community. People got to get the information on skyrim from somewhere, and the nexus has a rather nice collection in one place.

EDIT: and it is the first search result for "Skyrim Information" :P

Edited by Shroudedasylum

I was going to comment on that too, but this is more than a modding community. People got to get the information on skyrim from somewhere, and the nexus has a rather nice collection in one place.

EDIT: and it is the first search result for "Skyrim Information" :P

lawl so it is. still

PC >>>> console

I was the same way. I played Morrowind and Oblivion on the xbox and was a avid console gamer till I saw my first Oblivion mod and decided to build my first PC. Since I started playing on the PC 4 years ago I completely stopped playing my 360 and PS3. Sold the PS3 and the 360 is setting in the television stand collecting dust. Hasn't even been turned on in well over a year. It's a case of once you know better you can't go back. Like the people that lived before electricity were completely happy and content with their lives but now our power goes out for a few hours and we go ape s*** like the world is coming to an end. Nothing wrong with consoles and if you enjoy them by all means have the time of your life but now I can't even imagine playing games on a console instead of a gaming PC.

Even without all the crazy mods just the ability to tweak your game makes the experience so much more. Ever been playing and thought,"This spell should be more powerful, these racials should be slightly different, this quest would be so much cooler if...., This weapon is too slow, I like this armor but wish it was this color, etc.". On the Xbox I would have those thoughts and that was as far as they would get. On the PC I can do something about it. Not hating on consoles just rooting for my team.

Welcome to the forums! Thanks for moving your post here.

My only concern there is the speed of the CPU...2.5 Ghz seems less than ideal for gaming, but that's just me. It's a Quad-Core, so that may make up for it. The hard drive may also be an issue at only 5400 RPM; finding one at 7200 or 10k would make a big difference for the loading times and stutter.

That said, for the settings and resolution you want, this should be more than enough. I'd still wait until Monday when the official specs are released, though.

Thanks Lowk =D Is it that bad of loading if I stick with 5400rpm?

My only concern there is the speed of the CPU...2.5 Ghz seems less than ideal for gaming, but that's just me. It's a Quad-Core, so that may make up for it. The hard drive may also be an issue at only 5400 RPM; finding one at 7200 or 10k would make a big difference for the loading times and stutter.

That said, for the settings and resolution you want, this should be more than enough. I'd still wait until Monday when the official specs are released, though.

i realize this question was for Lowk. but yes you will notice slower load times with the 5400rpm but it isn't the end of the world. I would recommend at least a 7200rpm HDD though

Edited by Mitch2129

i realize this question was for Lowk. but yes you will notice slower load times with the 5400rpm but it isn't the end of the world. I would recommend at least a 7200rpm HDD though

What he said.