The Thread of Computers (aka will my computer run Skyrim)

Zeazer

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got windows 7 64 bit, 1.73 GHz, i7 740, 6 Gig RAM, and two 5870 ATI Mobility Radeon with Crossfire, while I be able 2 run this if so what can I run it on?

That looks just about recommended. Maybe somewhat higher, especially if your notebook's resolution isn't too high. So high+ settings.

With this PC I could play oblivion flawlessly with all the graphical features turned on with a middle resolution (1280x768 works great)

HP Pavilion p6210y =

AMD Athlon II X4 620 processor~ 2.6 GHz

6 GB RAM (5.75 useable)

NVIDIA GeForce 9100 graphics card

Plenty of memory

The only thing I don't understand is how graphics cards rank, so with this one, is it closer to

a. i can play it smoothly on a med?-low res

b. i can barely play it on a low res with all features turned off, or

c. i cant play it whatsoever

The simple answer would be to get it for xbox, but I really don't want to pass up the opportunity for mods. So my final question is: should I get it for PC or Xbox?

Thanks

I apologize for reposting, but nobody replied and I was hoping to preorder sometime soon.

The simple answer would be to get it for xbox, but I really don't want to pass up the opportunity for mods. So my final question is: should I get it for PC or Xbox?

Thanks

I apologize for reposting, but nobody replied and I was hoping to preorder sometime soon.

I'd buy the pc version because of the endless modding possibilities. However, I'd recommended modding after you beat the game of course. :thumbsup:

By the way, I'm getting this new baby (Laptop) sometime around Christmas and putting my 4 year ol' laptop aside. I was wondering if these laptop specs would suffice? Would I be able play Skyrim on ultra-sexy settings? :D

14.0"

CPU: Intel Core i5 2430M 2.4GHz (3.0GHz w/ Turbo)

Memory: 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz

GPU: 1.5GB DDR3 GT 555M

HD: 500GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb

Display: HD (720p/1366x768)

Edited by iceurface18

With this PC I could play oblivion flawlessly with all the graphical features turned on with a middle resolution (1280x768 works great)

HP Pavilion p6210y =

AMD Athlon II X4 620 processor~ 2.6 GHz

6 GB RAM (5.75 useable)

NVIDIA GeForce 9100 graphics card

Plenty of memory

The only thing I don't understand is how graphics cards rank, so with this one, is it closer to

a. i can play it smoothly on a med?-low res

b. i can barely play it on a low res with all features turned off, or

c. i cant play it whatsoever

Thanks

Your video card is too weak. The minimum requirements for video cards Beth published only say the amount of VRam - 512 MB, but I wouldn't bet that you'll be able to play on any settings/resolution. At best - the very lowest.

Your CPU&RAM could meet even the recommended requirements (I'm just not sure about the CPU - it's a quad-core, sure, but the weakest of quad-cores); certainly they are much better then minimum. If you buy a decent video card at least for 100$, you should be able to play at least on medium settings.

Thanks

I'd buy the pc version because of the endless modding possibilities. However, I'd recommended modding after you beat the game of course. :thumbsup:

By the way, I'm getting this new baby (Laptop) sometime around Christmas and putting my 4 year ol' laptop aside. I was wondering if these laptop specs would suffice? Would I be able play Skyrim on ultra-sexy settings? :D

14.0"

That is a very good configuration for resolutions up to 1600 x 900, so you should be able to play easily at high to very high settings, perhaps even maxed out at that resolution.

@ anarinn88 --- a HD 5870 is a very good video card and well above the recommended requirements. You will be able to play at very high settings at any normal (1080p or less) resolution.

Edited by Elder III

Thanks

14.0"

That is a very good configuration for resolutions up to 1600 x 900, so you should be able to play easily at high to very high settings, perhaps even maxed out at that resolution.

@ anarinn88 --- a HD 5870 is a very good video card and well above the recommended requirements. You will be able to play at very high settings at any normal (1080p or less) resolution.

Sweet! this is great news and the price is just right too! but the only draw back is that the GPU isn't capable of handling Metro 2033... oh well, but it can handle any other modern game pretty well on high settings. Thanks for taking a look at my specs, Elder III ;D. I appreciate it.

Edited by iceurface18