Idea For A New Closed Helm

CrogathiaKnight

I believe someone was looking at animated objects. If you can animate an object (wigs, for instance), an animated helmet might be doable.

You can then script the change from static open, to dynamic open-to-closed, to static closed, to dynamic closed-to-open objects.

I've stopped assuming what you can and can't do having seen some of the hitherto-impossible stuff that's being done now by some modders.

... its called rigging. trust me. the wigs yioure talking about are rigges to the spine bones, so they follow the pc animations. or the tail for other anims, ive seen that too.

but quick anim lesson: anims are done by skeletons. having multiple skeletons in oblivion would blow up your pc, and tweaking the vanilla one is hella hard and currently only done for boobs. it aint possible

I believe someone was looking at animated objects. If you can animate an object (wigs, for instance), an animated helmet might be doable.

You can then script the change from static open, to dynamic open-to-closed, to static closed, to dynamic closed-to-open objects.

I've stopped assuming what you can and can't do having seen some of the hitherto-impossible stuff that's being done now by some modders.

... its called rigging. trust me. the wigs yioure talking about are rigges to the spine bones, so they follow the pc animations. or the tail for other anims, ive seen that too.

but quick anim lesson: anims are done by skeletons. having multiple skeletons in oblivion would blow up your pc, and tweaking the vanilla one is hella hard and currently only done for boobs. it aint possible

Its very possible to do.

And you can have other anims NOT done by skeletons. You can make morph animations to open/close the helm... trust me.

Edited by alonsomartinez

Its very possible to do.

And you can have other anims NOT done by skeletons. You can make morph animations to open/close the helm... trust me.

Yes. morphs are possible, but he'll first have to find a modder who can do those, then persuade him to do this helm, and it's very unlikely that'll happen. Most good modellers I know will only do simple requests, and take more time-consuming things for their own projects. So... It's impossible.

(Edit: I know the mod in question, I think it was growlfs, but anyway, it said in the description the wigs were animated when they were rigged to the spine bones... Thats the reason for the trust me, not that im overly confident or allknowing. I just knew the mod.)

Edited by FakePersonality

Well , I managed to get a modeler friend of mine to make this helm for you

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/953/unledjuw.jpg

He said it was a rough version and that he will work on it more ;D

And I also got a texturer to help him texture it as well. By tommorow , this model should be complete and textured , and I will then start the morphs.

And I also got a texturer to help him texture it as well. By tommorow , this model should be complete and textured , and I will then start the morphs.

Lol, are u doing morphs to prove me wrong/bother me? Cause the OP never requested them. Well, good luck.

Lol, are u doing morphs to prove me wrong/bother me? Cause the OP never requested them. Well, good luck.

I am doing the morphs because i thought it was a cool idea...which is why I posted that it is possible. If I had no intention to make them in the first place, then I would not have posted.

And hey , the OP also didnt ask for people to be negative and say something is impossible to do, but it looks like he got it anyways.

I am doing the morphs because i thought it was a cool idea...which is why I posted that it is possible. If I had no intention to make them in the first place, then I would not have posted.

And hey , the OP also didnt ask for people to be negative and say something is impossible to do, but it looks like he got it anyways.

All right, good luck - I never meant to bother anyone, I just was saying don't hope for something that is very very very unlikely to be done. If you need anything in the form of textures ect for this mod lemme know.