How do you make a custom loading screen?

Alright so I have looked about everywhere and asked quite a few people on how to make your own custom loading screen appear in fallout new vegas. When I tried experimenting how to do this I got everything to work except the loading screen image itself. Could someone shed some light here? I use Gimp 2.0, if that helps at all...

Is the .dds you're using about the same dimensions as the original and saved with DXT1 compression? Is it located in a folder with a proper file path? Do you have any kind of archive invalidation activated, such as the one used by Fallout Mod Manager?

Is the .dds you're using about the same dimensions as the original and saved with DXT1 compression? Is it located in a folder with a proper file path? Do you have any kind of archive invalidation activated, such as the one used by Fallout Mod Manager?

The .dds is the same dimensions, and no I didn't save it as a DXT1 I don't think, I put it in the same path as the other loading screens, and my archive invalidation (to what I know) works fine. I'll check around with the format I saved the .dds, when I checked the original loading screens they didn't have mipmaps... or is that just me?

I'm pretty sure that loading screen .dds files don't need mipmaps. If you're making a new loading screen instead of replacing an existing one, you might have to create a new screen using the GECK. Just load it up, go to Miscellaneous and then Load Screen in the tree in the Object Window. Have a look at the entries there and you should be able to figure out how to make your own from there.