New Mod...Immersive Prison Sewer Exit

oc3

Just finished...Immersive Prison Sewer Exit.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38705

It makes the final bit of the sewers as you escape the prison a bit more immersive by reducing the light level and adding water to the sewers, as well as a few other things. But most importantly, it places the final sewer tunnel exit in the worldspace. As you walk towards the gate to exit the sewers, you can now actually see a view of the outside instead of a generic light at the end of the tunnel. When you click on the gate, you are transported into the tunnel on the opposite side of the gate, but you are now actually in the worldspace, so as you walk towards the end of the tunnel, you will see what is actually going on outside. It will be bright or dark, rainy or clear as you walk down the tunnel and open the final gate. When you open it there is no loading since you are already in that worldspace.

I've also added a few touches to add a little more atmosphere like tree roots, dripping water, and various sounds in the area of the exit. Some of the terrain textures in the vicinity of the exit have been improve as well. Really Bethesda...Dry cracked Mud under water?

Finally, there are a couple of surprises to find. There is an enchanted Elvin dagger (outside) as well as some poor Goblins life savings (inside) which is very valuable but difficult find.

I am including a save game file you can use if you wish that is set at the beginning of the last part of the sewers. Unfortunately, all of the goblins are already dead. I can't figure out how to create a different saved game that will be compatible for everyone, so I am using one I downloaded that seems to work.

As a special BONUS feature... I am including a resized (still the same res, 1024, but stones appear smaller) texture of Roadstone01. It's a texture used on roads that is supposed to look like cobblestone, however the size of the stone gave the visual impression that the player is about 3 feet tall. A cobblestone should be no larger than about 6 or 7 inches, and the originals were more like 18 inches at the largest. This causes the mind to interpret the scale of things relative to the stones in a disproportionate way. Anyway, If you want to check out the new texture, just drop the 'landscape' folder located inside the BONUS folder into your 'texture folder' and allow it to overwrite. Archive invalidation applies of course.

Enjoy! And if you like it, try my other mods: Better clocks, Better clocks for Better Cities, and Better Rainbows.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36384

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36994

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36566

Thanks.

Edited by oc3

Excellent idea. Will give it a try next time I start a game up. One comment - is the time of day fixed as I've never (in the vanilla game) emerged in the evening or night? If so, can it be changed by your mod to a random time to add to the replayability a little bit? Edited by MarkInMKUK

Excellent idea. Will give it a try next time I start a game up. One comment - is the time of day fixed as I've never (in the vanilla game) emerged in the evening or night? If so, can it be changed by your mod to a random time to add to the replayability a little bit?

I usually end up exiting in the daytime also. I think due to the typical amount of time it takes to get through the level, it ends up being daytime. I'm pretty sure you can wait until a nightime hour and then exit. I'll check to be sure. Note that the fake exterior at the end of the tunnel will always be daytime, but as soon you enter the tunnel, you will be in the world and day/night cycles will apply. I'm not sure how to make the hour that you exit random, but it's a good idea.

Also, I fixed a pink texture bug that was in the original, so if anyone downloaded it, that problem is fixed in v1.1.

Thanks for the input.

EDIT: YES, you can change the time by simply waiting while in the sewers to exit at whatever time of day you wish. I was 99 % sure but jjust wanted to double check. I think it is a great idea to have it random, but maybe only have 4 times...noon, midnight, dawn, and dusk in order to give it the widest variety. If anyone can clue me in as to how to do it, I might just do that.

Edited by oc3