New Vegas Diversified Body Types

Deleted631007User

So bear with me, I've never so much as looked at the G.E.C.K. let alone modded anything.

This is simple. Nothing more than a small question, with which could be followed by something perhaps quite massive in scope.

I am now aware that alternate body type NPCs can exist within the game space without replacing the default bodies. Because of this, part of an idea that has been looming on my mind for a while has already been proven possible. But I still need to know something else: In theory would it be possible to have NPCs with non-vanilla body types (type 3 or Breeze for instance) to be able to equip vanilla armors but when equipped switch them to the correct model for their body type thus eliminating the need for extra replacer armors?

If this much is indeed possible, then I almost do not see the reasoning for the mod I have in mind not having been created yet, *ahem* aside from the perverse nature of many Nexus users.

What needs to be done, is for a percentage (within the area of 50% give or take) of all New Vegas NPCs be replaced with a full variety of new body types, as opposed to each Body type acting as a full replacer.

I wouldn't mind all those wonder-woman body types if they weren't re-placers. C'mon this is an awesome idea! :thumbsup:

Hi.

Until your magical fairy godmother grants your (our) wish, do a little fun experimentation as I've done. Try the *Body Control* mod, combined with a few different clothing mods created just for those different types. Alter a few, or many, select named npcs, and/or companions, and see where that takes you. The body alterations are persistent, but can be instantly switched back, or to other types. You can also replace the meshes' and textures' folders you do not care for, with others you may download. (mod alteration for personal use only)

Have fun.

Hi.

Until your magical fairy godmother grants your (our) wish, do a little fun experimentation as I've done. Try the *Body Control* mod, combined with a few different clothing mods created just for those different types. Alter a few, or many, select named npcs, and/or companions, and see where that takes you. The body alterations are persistent, but can be instantly switched back, or to other types. You can also replace the meshes' and textures' folders you do not care for, with others you may download. (mod alteration for personal use only)

Have fun.

My main question is if the body types could be made to automatically select the correct custom model for the vanilla armor in their inventory as opposed to requiring a complete separate armor. If this is not the way that it works already, then I suppose I just need to wait for the right code-monkey/fairy-godmother to figure it out for me. :rolleyes:

If I learn some things about NVEdit and the G.E.C.K. I'd like to do it myself, as I would trust few others to be properly selective in the replacements. :confused:

I think not.

Reason is that each race has "it's own body type", which is not "auto-customizable".

You "cannot" place a type 3 armor on a breeze body, and vica versa.

Doing it might cause clipping issues, as you well know, hence your question, of course.

One can manually select a body type per race, but you're stuck right there, since you cannot select multiple body types.

I think not.

Reason is that each race has "it's own body type", which is not "auto-customizable"."

It is not possible to customize singular NPCs then? Or perhaps add a full set of separate races to work off of?

You "cannot" place a type 3 armor on a breeze body, and vica versa.

Doing it might cause clipping issues, as you well know, hence your question, of course.

I am fully aware of this and it was not what I meant in the slightest. I was referring to a possible script which would tell the separate race bodies which model to use whenever an armor is equipped. For instance, if you place vanilla Leather armor onto an NPC with a type 3 body, instead of getting a messed up clipping problem they would automatically switch to the correct type 3 armor.

One can manually select a body type per race, but you're stuck right there, since you cannot select multiple body types.

Though I'm not a modder, I can see the only way of fixing this would be to make all the body type races separate. Though due to the games construction it's probably be impossible. Perhaps there would be some way to make the new bodies part of the creature list as apposed to one of the default races, but that would likely be far too convoluted to actually work well. :confused:

• 4 years later...

Your not the only one, seeing all these bodies and armors needs to hit the floor instead of being complex, but I understand your Idea.

Basically each Armor needs a Label (T6M, T3M, Skinny, Breeze, Robert, etc Armor)

OR

Needs to be put into a Folder (T6M Armors, T3M Armors, Robert Armors, etc), have bodies labelled (T6M, T3M, Skinny, Breeze, Robert Body)

and then the script it so the Right Body switches when the Right Armor is equipped.

And from there being able to add to the "jar".

I find this idea more robust -if that is the right word- like Connecting an Android to a Computer to Transfer files via USB Cable

vs Shutting down the Phone, Taking out the Battery then the MicroSD and putting it into an Adapter then putting the Adapter into a Computer

The idea would allow multiple bodies and armors to be installed at the same time without exiting the game and changing the body via Mod Installer or Launcher.

Cause I'm assume neither Modder has somehow told game these Armors are for this Body and neither does game know...so its just a matter of Labelling.

Maybe you collobrate with the following

1. Mod Organizer - They don't put the files actually in DATA Folder so that allows for a multiple Bodies without Actual Files being Overwrite

• So you Drop Bodies in a Folder and Label Each so (T6M Folder, T3M Folder, Skinny Folder, Robert Folder > Mesh & Texture)
  • Drop Armors in Body Folder (T6M > Armor, Underwear, Clothing, etc > Mesh & Texture) so game know which armor belong and therefore rename without doing it manually (Let the computer do the work)
  • The point of using Different Folder Names -besides Mesh & Texture- so you can mix & match like if you want T6M Armor, but Skinny Outfit

Folder Structure Suggested Example:

Mod (Comma is Separate Folder & "=" Level in Folder, [is The Folder])

= T6M, Skinny, T3M

== [T6M] Mesh (Body), Texture (Body), Armor (Default) and SO-SO's Clothing Mod Mesh/Texture, Clothing, etc are Optional

=== [T6M] [Armor] So-So's Clothing Mod (Could be put in "Clothing" Folder), So-So's Clothing Texture Mod (So either MCM you can change the texture, or In-game "Craft-o-Mod" = a Generic Requirement -1 Leather if Light, 2 Tin Can if Medium, 2 Scrap Metal if Heavy Armor- for all Armors & Clothing to Change/Convert Mesh or Texture for access to any mod's Mesh or Texture like AddItemMenu by Towawot, but requires Item to gain)

== [skinny] Mesh (Body), Texture (Body), COBRA's Outfit (Example), Armor

2. Mod Configuration Menu - To Make a plugin for how the Mod Works

== Relabel Armor & Switch Body Automatically

== Lock 1 Body then use the Armor that Matches with that Body and if the Outfit doesn't match with Body then switch body (Say you Got T6M & T3M Leather Armor (2 Same name/design, but different Body), but an Outfit from Skinny so you locked T6M for Armors, but for the Outfits it will Override Lock and switch to Body

= Pip-Boy tells you what body you have (EFF, possibly add Perks like +Barter, +Melee, +Run, +AP via Folder)

3. The Weapon Mod Menu

== Being able to Change the Outfit like how a gun is modded (No Item Required, but if so Something like Sewing Needle, can carry 1000, no weight, change (For Variants like Red shirt, Blue Strips, etc) or if possible add as many together...for mods that use variants...if possible group variants

Edited by Lukong1515