Wyre Bash, Nehrim, and Steam

vecha

hover2.png

I've been searching around the net trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

So I installed Nehrim in a seperate location from Steam. Then backed up my vanilla Oblivion(after launching it first), and finally copied Nehrim's filers over the original Oblivion folder.

Now....when I install Wrye Bash, it asks where to install. I've tried both, but it'll only launch with Nehrim's original location. I've tried installing in either one separately...and again it'll only launch in the original separate Nehrim folder(where I first installed it).

I can launch Nehrim through steam, but there's a particular mod that I'm having issues with. A controller mod used in conjunction with Pinnacle. I need to have the controller mod at the top/close to the top of the load order...and can't do that without Wrye Bash, and not sure how to get Wrye Bash working with Nehrim/steam.

Hope this made sense at least somewhat...Really wish I could load Wrye Bash with the correct Nehrim as the one in the correct Oblivion/Nehrim folder pops up quickly, then goes away.

Appreciate any assistance.

I don't know anything about Steam or Nehrim ... but load order is controlled simply through file date/timestamps. A utility such as File Date Changer can be used to change file dates. The game loads all ESM files first (by file date and time from oldest to newest) and then loads all ESP files (also by file date and time from oldest to newest).

- Edit - A more Wrye Bash friendly method would be to use BOSS to sort your load order. Anything not recognized by BOSS can be sorted via User Lists (use the full BOSS interface to access that, not the Launch BOSS button in WB).

Edited by Striker879

hover2.png

Thanks for that tip, Striker. I'll try to go about using that utility to see if I can get it going,

Though I also found a way to use a controller without the mod I found(though the mod would be more stremlined).

Anyway, thanks again.

Wrye Bash is the only way to get a bashed patch, which is a patch it creates to get conflicting mods working together. It works well alongside BOSS (BOSS includes BASH Tags to help WB where mod authors don't specify any themselves ... the tags are used to insure that the right part of conflicting mods wins a conflict).