ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

How to turn off kill cam? Not the VATS version.

Vhearhok

I've a feeling that unless Bethesda makes an update to make them optional there's not going to be a way to disable them without disabling VATS as well. In Skyrim the only way (that I know of) to disable the kill-cam was to put a line 'bDisableVATS=1' or some such in one of the ini files. It seems obvious to me that line would completely disable VATS, which isn't really a good solution.

Remember, getting killed because the game insists you look at useless effects is FUN. This is the same reason that certain animations have to go to 3rd person view regardless of settings...gotta look at your hawt bawd don't ya know...just don't ask why your legs are invisible, you don't cast a shadow, and you appear to be nothing more than a disembodied pair of arms in 1st person.

I wasn't aware there were killcams (the cinematic kind) in Fallout 4..

Are you talking about the killmoves that happen when you do a melee power move? Those only happen when 1. you are using a melee / unarmed weapon, 2. you do a power move and 3. that hit will kill the enemy.

For those, if you wanted to disable them, you could head into FO4Edit and look under Idle Animation. They typically start with Paired_XX. You can look for the Paired_XX_Root and add a condition to exclude the player from performing them.

It's not just the player who does them, but yeah those kill moves are what I'm referring to. Human NPCs do them, ghouls do them, vicious dogs do them etc.

But thanks, atleast now I have some idea of what records to disable. Only issue is figuring out which ones the NPCs use to kill the player. For example, one is called PairedLegPullTakeDown_NonKill_Player I have no idea whether that means that it is the animation that the player uses, or if it is the animation that NPCs use against the player o.O

Edited by Vhearhok

Not sure how you could *not* notice the killcam lol. It happens every time you get a killing blow in VATS (such as being stuck watching a bullet travel through the air when you're about to pop someone's head).

There's already an addon that takes care of this, not to mention has a buttload more options in addition to the killcam ones.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1064/?

Meh, VATS is like cheating anyway. I recall there being a mod in Skyrim that allowed you to change the kill cam chance to 0, might've been fallout 3 or new vegas.

It's not cheating if you're in a turn-based game, as it was implemented in the original Fallout series when VATS was introduced.

Edited by PhoenixKnight13

Installed the mod but NPCs still do killmoves on me =(

Edit: A vicious dog just did a killmove on me when I was at full health.... Why would bethesda put this into the game? Were they really that zealous about making players hate melee combat?

Edited by Vhearhok

Never had a problem myself... I've been beating the crap out of people, animals and deathclaws alike with my trusty Katana Insanity just fine (needless to say don't try the latter without your power armor lol). Though I rarely use VATS, unless I'm surrounded or having aiming issues (like a rushing feral getting too close, twitchy bastards).

For one, there are numerous types of cams, did you turn them *all* off per the settings on that mod? Also, if you want something to *not* hit you while using VATS, you have to change the time slow to a freeze time (as per the original VATS setup in older games). If time is still moving there's still a chance something can whack you while you're picking your targets.

Sounds like you think I'm talking about VATS o.O

*Points at thread title*

I'm talking about those execution animations certain enemies do if your health is low enough, like a vicious dog jumping and biting you in the neck like Dogmeat on occasion does to human & ghoul NPCs.

Edited by Vhearhok