Need help with Rad Resist

daverboon

Edit: Ok so I found a solution to enable 100% resist. I still don't know how to make abilities into useable enchantments but that's ok. More messin about and maybe i'll figure it out.

Hi so I looked through the forums here and found nothing about this. I can't seem to get a rad resist to go any higher then 85%. Is there a cap on the player that prevents it from going higher? I tried to find the player section in the geck that allows me to change things like level cap and such but to no luck. I also tried making the rad immunity ability as an effect that I could add to something but again I'm skilled enough to make it happen. Is there a way to add 100% rad resist to the player or is that just not doable?

I'm trying to beef up my modding skills for when Skyrim comes out.

Edited by daverboon

AFAIK the limit is hardcoded.

But, I might be wrong.

Nevertheless, I did hear of this before, a fix is not found, I think.

Well what I did appears to have the effect I'm looking for and seeing as how it hasn't been used yet i'll share. In the GECK top menu under Gameplay/ Settings do a text filter for fplayer. (that is spelled with an f btw)

You'll see an entry called fPlayerMaxResist which is set to 85, change it to 100 and your resist stats can go up to 100%. I only tried it with rad resist but I got 100% and went into searchlight by the firehouse, rads didn't even show on screen as if I was in an unradiated area.

That works well enough for me now to keep things balanced I wonder what 98% would do.

Ah?

good to know, I can pass this on if someone asks.

thanks for sharing. :)

I tested 99% and it reverts back to 85% so 100 it has to be for it to work. Help full if you want to make a suit that really is environment proof.

On a whim I tested this, setting the max rad resist to 95 allowed it to go to.. 95%.

It also wouldnt be too hard to add rad resist and water breathing to power armor...call it a new prototype model.

Very helpful ^^ anyway I just thot I'd give my two cents in this topic. I created a mod of my own to add Ghouls as a playable race (yea woo hoo I know lol) but I went a few steps farther and got the stupid purple hands to go away and created a trait to be taken at level 1 that is only available for ghouls. And what does it do? well it does what a ghoul mod should do....it makes ghouls immune to radiation and I did it in a way that makes it easier to see...i guess... anyway I did NOT know that you could change the max player res from 85%...so what I did was simply create a trait that increases players positive radiation regeneration to 10,000. This means that the player so long as they are a ghoul and they take this trait, will regenerate 10,000 points of radiation evey second or so. by doing this not only did the player take no raditaion damage, but it still showed the radiation notification. I like this because then you still know that its radiated, but you take no damage....idk if this helped anyone but hey! every bit counts right?