Oblivion will neither updaste nor show mods

System = Windows 7 x 64

Geo something other card (capable of DX10 etc)

6 gb memory

Oblivion will neither show any mods nor will it allow me to do any updates.

The mods simply don't show

It doesn't matter which Update I try to use they all say@Old file not found update not made'.

What, exactly, is the point of doing mods and updates if they don't work for everything.

Now what do I do - please help

Thanks.

PS - Yes I have done a search and no I have not found any answer that either explains itself properly or works. Apologies if I sound annoyed but this is about the 24th time I have tried to update and have had to re-install the basic.

Need more info on

Not every video card supports all of the features needed for the game.

As for the message:

Old file not found update not made

That is usually seen with the official patches and not with mods. It shows when either the mod is already installed, or you try to install an incompatible patch.

What mods specifically are you trying to run?

What version of the game do you have?

where is the game installed? Default or custom location?

Here is a link to my complete uninstall/reinstall procedure located in the articles section of the Nexus

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=240

It allows you to preserve any saves and mods, or remove them completely - your choice.

HI

Sorry about last post - was definitely loosing my cool.

Graphics card = ASUS EAH5450 Series

System W7 x 64

6Gb Memory

Oblivion version - not sure but suspect it might be 1 as it is loaded from the retail box and is at least a few years old

Shivering Isles also installed

latest update patch tried = Oblivion_1_2_416_English-11364

Currently no mods installed 'cos they won't

Mods wanted = companion and home other than that I don't really care as I can't (at present) use them!

Help appreciated

Need more info on

Not every video card supports all of the features needed for the game.

As for the message:

Old file not found update not made

That is usually seen with the official patches and not with mods. It shows when either the mod is already installed, or you try to install an incompatible patch.

What mods specifically are you trying to run?

What version of the game do you have?

where is the game installed? Default or custom location?

Here is a link to my complete uninstall/reinstall procedure located in the articles section of the Nexus

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=240

It allows you to preserve any saves and mods, or remove them completely - your choice.

First - if you installed in the defaul location, use bben46's procedure to move the game to c:\games\oblivion - the UAC may be borking the patch.

If you have shivering isles - make sure you tried the SI patch not the Oblivion one

OK! I must be Stoopid 'cos IO didn't even see that there were tqwo versions. Just run the SI patch and wham - straight in. All I have to do now is figure how to run OBSE?

Many thanks for your help.

Drop the requisite OBSE files into your oblivion install folder. (where the oblivion.exe resides) Then, just point your desktop shortcut to OBSE_Loader.exe. Start the game using that, and you are all set. (I think there are a total of three files that you need, which is detailed in the readme for OBSE.)

• 2 weeks later...