Witcher Patches

I'm a little confused about all these patches I've been reading about.

I have a retail game. Are these patches for the retail game or the downloaded game from GOG or Steam or both or all?

Also, when I click on the icon to launch the game, there is a "line" there for downloadable content which is not highlighted and doesn't work if clicked on. If the patch is for my retail game can someone tell me where to get it?

thanks in advance

i had the same problem they say uninstall the game then reinstall it after its patched to 1work.1 the download section wont be white like the others what i did is exit the launcher and wait for 10 mins or so thats how long i waited then launch the game as adimin then the download section should work

YIKES! I don't want to uninstall the game. I'm just at the tail end of Chapter One....and I don't want to do the Kayran battle again :facepalm: I guess I'll wait for my second playthrough.

May not have to reinstall...If running Vista or 7 right click the launcher shortcut and select properties and then the compatibility tab and put a check in the run as admin box and click apply and ok...now everytime you click the launcher you will be as admin. Also if you use a 3rd party firewall you may need to give the launcher exe full permission otherwise the firewall may be blocking your attempt to communicate with the servers

YIKES! I don't want to uninstall the game. I'm just at the tail end of Chapter One....and I don't want to do the Kayran battle again :facepalm: I guess I'll wait for my second playthrough.

You don't have to un-install the game at all. I have never had to. Just right click on the short cut and select Run in Adminastrator mode and it will download and install the patch and you can carry on with your game from where you were before.

I guess I'll try this then. I've been reading that some bad things happen after the patch. So far without the patch, I don't notice that anything "bad" is happening. I would like the downloads though. I have the Mysterious Merchant and some armor from ordering from Amazon I'd like to add. Not to mention Troll Trouble.

I appreciate everyone who's answered my question :wub:

I guess I'll try this then. I've been reading that some bad things happen after the patch. So far without the patch, I don't notice that anything "bad" is happening. I would like the downloads though. I have the Mysterious Merchant and some armor from ordering from Amazon I'd like to add. Not to mention Troll Trouble.

Now I've yet to have any bad things happening after patching the game. Have it patched with the current 1.2 patch and the game is playing through just fine so far. So not sure what kinds of problems for which others might be having. Some of the things for which they might be having trouble with might because of their system and not the game itself. Like for example if they are running the bare minimum system to try and run the game. That there will give you some major headaches.<LOL>

For myself the only thing i`ve noticed so far is when playing the dice game the text for roll and bet are not there as well as the ability to change difficulty level . AFAIK gameplay wasn`t affected .

There are two ways to get the 1.2 patch via the launcher or manually at http://www.en.thewitcher.com/patch1-2/