Pacifism mod

Axsisel

Hello there. I would like to play New Vegas from a more relaxed and roleplaying viewpoint instead of a more combat oriented one. I know that Bighorners and Coyotes have a script that pretty much make them only aggressive if you attack first or get too close. Would be there a way of giving all the enemies ( including human ones like raiders and also abominations like deathclaws ) that kind of behavior or even a completely pacifist one?

I have geck downloaded but I'm completely new to it. Thanks in advance!

I know fallout is all about the struggle and living under the risk of dying at any moment but I just want to look at the brighter side of it. Could it be done with a perk that makes all the enemies become pacific and all the factions stay neutral or at least positive at the main character?

I know that Bighorners and Coyotes have a script that pretty much make them only aggressive if you attack first or get too close. Would be there a way of giving all the enemies ( including human ones like raiders and also abominations like deathclaws ) that kind of behavior or even a completely pacifist one?

I haven't looked, but I don't think there is any script associated with coyotes and bighorners. Essentially your looking at other aspects like factions and AI data (particularly Aggression). If you edit them by hand you have to do it for all base critter forms, which is a lot of work. Sadly I don't think anyone is likely to do that for you. We have some functions to mess with factions via script, but not much for Aggression.

Perhaps what you want could be achieved via altering factions alone, and since that can be done via script (player.addtofaction factionname 1) it would also preserve the mod against others overwriting any changes. There are 100s of factions though, so a bit of typing to do.

Just brainstorming though, I can't guarantee it will work, or what kind of unintended consequences it will have.

Liberals.....

Life is battle kid.

Ugh.....You don't have to be a pacifist to be a liberal anymore than you have to be a warmonger to be a conservative.

Definition of liberal;

a. Favoring reform, open to new ideas, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; not bound by traditional thinking; broad-minded. See Synonyms at broad-minded.

b. Of, relating to, or characteristic of liberalism.

c. Liberal Of, designating, or characteristic of a political party founded on or associated with principles of social and political liberalism, especially in Great Britain, Canada, and the United States.

a. Tending to give freely; generous: a liberal benefactor.

b. Generous in amount; ample: a liberal serving of potatoes.

3. Not strict or literal; loose or approximate: a liberal translation.

4. Of, relating to, or based on the traditional arts and sciences of a college or university curriculum: a liberal education.

a. Archaic Permissible or appropriate for a person of free birth; befitting a lady or gentleman.

b. Obsolete Morally unrestrained; licentious.

n.

1. A person with liberal ideas or opinions.

2. Liberal A member of a Liberal political party.

DevinPatterson I know that creatures are classified into different groups, for example there are Abomiantions, Robots, Animals, etc... With the Animal Friend Perk you can make animal enemies don't attack you; couldn't that be extended to the rest of enemies?

DevinPatterson I know that creatures are classified into different groups, for example there are Abomiantions, Robots, Animals, etc... With the Animal Friend Perk you can make animal enemies don't attack you; couldn't that be extended to the rest of enemies?

That's actually a faction as well, if I remember right. When you get the perk your added to teh animal friend faction.

Also there is a setally function, I'v never used it but it might be worth looking into to determine if it has advantages over being added to a faction.

So the easiest and fastest way would be creating a new perk that added my chara to the Abomination, Robot and Animal factions and then adding an esp that makes all the NPC and enemies friendly right?

Creature types (animal, mutated animal, Abomination etc) aren't factions, but most creatures of any type belong to some factions (even if it's only their own, like ravens). There are some very large factions that probably cover a lot of one type or another (like I think tere is a robot faction), but most humans have a specific faction they belong to, and I don't think there is a "human" faction.

I remember the mod Realistic Wildlife changes the aggro of most critters around the wastes, but I never really played with it much to tell you what else it did. He also says that he based it off another authors mod that made things TOO pasifist for his tastes, so you might look for that one as well. Figure out how they edited the aggros, and it'd save you a lot of work time.

Unless you literally want NO COMBAT until you initiate it, and then the faction idea would probably be your best bet.