OBSE Will not launch Oblivion

Thanks for all the help in Patching. Now I have another little problem. I cannot get OBSE to work

OBSE version 1.7 I believe (downloaded from here)

Graphics card = ASUS EAH5450 Series

System W7 x 64

6Gb Memory

Oblivion version - not sure but suspect it might be 1 as it is loaded from the retail box and is at least a few years old

Shivering Isles also installed

latest update patch = Oblivion_1_2_416_English-SI one

Have followed all instructions and placed files in correct place in default directories. All I get is this silly windows fault box that closes the programme.

I am sorry to put this here as I believe there is an OBSE thread - but I couldn't find it!

Are you sure you installed all dll and things correctly? They should go in your oblivion folder, not in your data folder. Also, you should better get obse version 20, it has a lot more features than 17. And, in which directory have you installed oblivion?

Its also good to keep up with the latest patch for OBSE. This won't fix your problem (applying the appropriate patch of course should) but its a good general rule of thumb to keep OBSE up to date. Current version is higher than the one you are using.

Hi folks

I have now got and loaded OBSE 20.

I have got to use the SI patch to Oblivion 'cos no other patch will work and I would like to actually play it!

I have placed all files in Oblivion Root directory (where my Oblivion.exe is).

Perhaps I should just give up??

By the way, does the oblivion window open or just after the obse_launcher box appears it gives you an error? If the oblivion window opens it could be a missing master. Also, is your Oblivion.exe renamed to something else? If it's renamed change it back to oblivion.exe

Hi

No I am not using a cracked version.

Where do I get the unofficial SI patch from

On clicking OBSE shoirtcut I get a DOS window flash then the notice saying programme has failed.

Yes my exe is named Oblivion.exe

I appreciate al;l the help folks - keep going and I might (eventually) get there!

Hi

No I am not using a cracked version.

Where do I get the unofficial SI patch from

On clicking OBSE shortcut I get a DOS window flash then the notice saying programme has failed.

Yes my exe is named Oblivion.exe

I appreciate all the help folks - keep going and I might (eventually) get there!

(this post is an edit so I hope it is not duplicated).

Seriously. Use the Oblivion patch. Then install the Unofficial SI Patch. It has all the features of the Official patch and works with OBSE

Are you sure? Shivering Isles changes Oblivion.exe and Oblivion.esm, so official Oblivion patch will cause error when you try to patch it. And Unofficial Oblivion Patch/Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch is an ordinary mod which fixes various bugs that can be corrected in plugin-level(UOP and USIP cannot fix game engine level bugs and glitches, ever).

To OP: Do you have any mod in \Data? If so, please post your mod list.