Rippling Flag...Possible?

As far as I can tell, Oblivion has no active wind system that moves flags, signposts, or clothing. What I want to do is make flags have a slight ripple and make that ripple randomly change in intensity depending on weather conditions. I.e: sunny day flag is still, rainy day flag has more movement. Does Fallout 3 have a system of wind movement? Is this even possible? Has it already been done? This is purely a testing stage and any and all helpful comments would be appreciated.

This is pretty close, but is there a way to add the flag and the animation to an already moving object? For example: Lets say I have an elephant mount and I want to have a banner attached to it. Could this be manipulated this way? Also, what if I want to have the banner attached to an object on my character? Would the animation continue to play? Thanks in advance^^.

So lets say I make a robe that has some folds. I want the robe to flow either rapidly or slowly depending on weather. I also want it to display, randomly, one of three or so animations while at rest after a certain period and for an indefinate time. Is this possible? I want my clothes to be actively involved in reacting to both the environment and my actions. I know it can be done in other games, but they use different, and in some cases, more advanced, game engines than oblivion's. Any thoughts?

Scripts can detect whether it's raining or snowing. I imagine you could simulate all that with very complex scripting and animation. The question I have is how much lag your clothes and banners might create everywhere you go. Also are you wanting to havok your clothing so your helmet might go flying off and roll if someone hits it? I'm not sure if that can be done but it would make things interesting. Someone else here probably knows.

Yes, the ultimate goal would be to have a fully reactive and havoked set of clothing and gears but I dont think oblivion can do it. I just saw some more gameplay of skyrim at the e3 preview and skyrim should have that sort of thing by default(hopefully with crossed fingers XD). The beset case scenerio would be to just create a set of clothes and drop it into the game and let the game take care of the rest. Hopefully the creation engine and toolset can do that.

Picking up on something from another discussion, I am aware of three ways to make an object move (or appear to) in Oblivion. There may be more - if so can someone please enlighten me.

(1) Animate the object using a skeleton.

(2) Make the object with a morph of some kind (someone is currently making a helm visor that switches from up to down using that method)

(3) Animate the texture (similar to an anumated gif file)

For a flag, a morph might be useable, with some kind of script changing to a different morphing mesh when the weather changes. No idea how badly this would hit speed if you had more than one or two flags. There might also be issues with flags flapping "in sync" which would look odd.

For clothing, you'd obviously have a skeleton action already in existence, and I have no idea whether a morph could be used as well (superimposed on the animated object), but an animated texture might be able to give an effect which would be at least representative of motion of, say, a cloak edge in the wind.

Hope those comments make sense to a talented modder who can use them to do something for you.