Oblivion Crashing.

Findlor

Oblivion is crashing a lot of times now, every time i fast travel or wait or sleep, it crashes, i dont know why but this isn't the first time it happens, and the only solution i know is to load a older save until it doesn't crashes, and i dont wanna go back like 2 missions or 1 mission, please help me :(

First stages to us helping:

Post this info here:

Operating system version

Oblivion version, install location, and any official addons (Shivering Isles, Knights of the Nine, DLC modules), including type of instal (Disk / Steam / Impulse / D2D)

Any Unofficial patches installed.

Any expansion utilities installed (OBSE, OBGE, etc)

Full mod list in spoiler tage, ideally exported from OBMM or Wrye Bash and showing mod load order.

Currently you asked the equivalent of "My car won't go - why?" - we need far more info to even start guessing.

First stages to us helping:

Post this info here:

Operating system version

Oblivion version, install location, and any official addons (Shivering Isles, Knights of the Nine, DLC modules), including type of instal (Disk / Steam / Impulse / D2D)

Any Unofficial patches installed.

Any expansion utilities installed (OBSE, OBGE, etc)

Full mod list in spoiler tage, ideally exported from OBMM or Wrye Bash and showing mod load order.

Currently you asked the equivalent of "My car won't go - why?" - we need far more info to even start guessing.

Right, sorry for being a noob now since this is my first technical problem post oblivion's version is 1.2.416, i belive thats the lastest patch, its located in C:Programs/Bethesda Softworks/Oblivion, i got it from a store and have that game for more than 2 years, i haven't got any unufficial patch nor any official addons, i use OBSE to play launch and play the game, otherwhise i couldn't play many mods, and last, i have got oblivion mod manager. I dont know how to put the mods i got in a spoiler tage or what you mean with mod load order, and for my system there is:

Microsoft Windows XP

Professional

Version 2002

Service Pack 3

hope that helps.

What are your save habits like? Do you rely on auto, or quick saves? Do you overwrite your hard saves regularly? If so, STOP DOING THAT. This game is notorious for corrupting saves when you do that kind of thing.

What are your save habits like? Do you rely on auto, or quick saves? Do you overwrite your hard saves regularly? If so, STOP DOING THAT. This game is notorious for corrupting saves when you do that kind of thing.

Yes i do rely on auto-saves sometimes, but that's only when i forget to do a save, i never do quick saves, and most of the times i overwrite a saved file, but i also make new saved files...

Edited by Findlor

Use the "Full Editor" option when replying, and look up at the top left when posting for a tab labeled 'other styles' from the drop down select spoiler. Put the listing between the two halves of the spoiler tag

This is in between spoiler tags

Edited by MarkInMKUK

Use the "Full Editor" option when replying, and look up at the top left when posting for a tab labeled 'other styles' from the drop down select spoiler. Put the listing between the two halves of the spoiler tag

This is in between spoiler tags

Right here are the mods(not by other of load because i dont know what that means...)

Abecean Pirates

Alternative Start by Robert

Armory of the Silver Dragon

AWS-Core

AWS-Main

AWS-ShilveringIsles(dunno what it does, but i aint got SI)

AWS-Water(these AWS come all from a single mod file)

Bag of Holding

Borderless_Cyrodiil

Dremora(mod that i create with tes construction thing, to make the race dremora playable, just a test anyways)

Edgar's Little Secret

Housemod

Ivellon(Mega Dungeon)

LithiansNatureOfTheBeast(vampire mod)

LoadingScreens

LTDZombieRace

Midas Spells

Moriarcis

Nightshade_Armor

No Phychic Guards

Oblivion(main file)

Operation Spearhead

Pale_Rider's Nordic Warrior armor

Pale_rider's Pirate gear eng.

RealisticForceHigh

Samveint's Feint Death

these are all, i dont really use the ltd zombie race or the Abecean Pirates, same with operation spearhead

i got ivellon dungeon this day but i cannot play it without fast traveling or waiting or when i save it gets corrupted, so imma gonna wait till a solution, and if none found i will just load a older save, tough it wouldnt bring me pleasure to do so, so please help me! :(

Well, your first problem there is - you are trying to run a mod which requires Shivering Isles, and you don't have it. That's an almost certain crash-maker. Disable AWS-ShilveringIsles and try again.

If that doesn't solve the problem, read through the readme for every mod you have. Any which say they need Shivering Isles, they say it for a reason. Disable them. Look for other pre-requisites that you don't have, and disable those mods too.

Finally, if that doesn't help, you need to read up on using OBMM (Oblivion Mod Manager) and BOSS (Better Oblivion sorting Software) - they're almost essential tools in helping Oblivion mods to play nicely together. The third "big" tool is Wrye Bash, which is well worth learning, but start with the other two.

Well, your first problem there is - you are trying to run a mod which requires Shivering Isles, and you don't have it. That's an almost certain crash-maker. Disable AWS-ShilveringIsles and try again.

If that doesn't solve the problem, read through the readme for every mod you have. Any which say they need Shivering Isles, they say it for a reason. Disable them. Look for other pre-requisites that you don't have, and disable those mods too.

Finally, if that doesn't help, you need to read up on using OBMM (Oblivion Mod Manager) and BOSS (Better Oblivion sorting Software) - they're almost essential tools in helping Oblivion mods to play nicely together. The third "big" tool is Wrye Bash, which is well worth learning, but start with the other two.

I will try that

Right, i did that but it didn't work, so i loaded a previous save, all working fine... but when i did fast travel it crashed again! so i got to the game again to the same save and i tested the waiting thing, it was 4pm, i waited to 5pm, no crashes, then it crashed when i fast traveled, so i tryed it again and i waited until 6:24, and it crashed, dunno if its the time of the day that crashes the game, coz when someone does a fast travel it surely takes like 1 hour for the char to get there while for us is 1 sec, so if i am currently at 5pm and do a fast travel means the game's time will be 6 pm wich means it crashes!!

I have deactivated that mod and some others i didn't tough, i really hope its not the time, i mean then i cannot play a s*** -.-