Your favorite race mod and why?

stormwarrior

Xenius Race Compilation, especially the dryad. Why? Because it's a really flexible pack in terms of racial features and gets rid of some of the weirder vanilla facial oddities. Unlike a lot of people, I don't like spending a lot of time messing with sliders. It doesn't really matter to me that the races all look pretty much alike by default exept for coloration. The default face randomizes really well.

It's like, impossible for me to make a clear-cut choice.

I love the Kaleen race, Night Elves by Xenius, Lineage II Elves(just the dark ones). Maybe a few others, but probably only for companions, such as the Ainmhi.

With Kaleen, they just look different from other things. Horns, tail, fangs(I hate wings btw), blue and redish skin color and look good. Fit the role of a mage or magical fighter.

Night Elves(from compilation pack), cute, but make terrible companions with that messed up smile, lol.

Lineage II Elves, the dark skinned ones don't have the most favorable skintone and mine have some slight textures issues, but they have a REALLY good soundset. Not a childish or cute voice that almost all custom races with new voices have, so they really fit the mold well as a dark character. A cross with a normal vanilla female voice, and that horrible high elf voice. They sound tough and mean, but not manly at the same time.

I would say the Night Elves race by Xenius is the best, firstly because night elves are cool, and secondly because it's easy to make a good looking character. I remember having to spend vast amounts of time tweaking my vanilla character's facial features to look just right, but with Xenius' night elves it's easy.

Unfortunately that specific mod is gone now it seems. It was a stand alone mod, not part of the Xenius Race Compilation (which has night elves too, but they are slightly different).

Personally i dont like Race Mods,but races from the Beauty Pack by ren are ok,i dont like that japanese-style which people upload...this is Oblivion not a anime xD.

But everyone got their own taste...

Almost every race I play is something custom I've worked on, but I really enjoy Capucine's Aquamer race, and all of the lovely Enayla races uploaded by Dustinflan.

Capucine's Aquamer race sure requires a lot of tweaking to fix the horrific default face values, but the reward is well worth it.

I don't play any race mods as such, but I use some mods which improve the visual appearance of the vanilla races, especially Argonian Beautification and Scripted Argonian Feet. There's a bit of development going on to add similar improvements to the Khajiit race, which I will also be trying out.

The type of race mod I might use at some point is one which adds lore-friendly, non-anime-looking additional races. I don't see the point of having a world with known lore, and then deliberately importing something outside that lore - if I want to play Lord of the Rings I'll use the Middle Earth Role Playing mod, or buy a LotR game