I want to climb *THAT* mountain!

WolfySnackrib

One thing, in a lot of games that I've played, even games like Counter-Strike source and other Source based games, you get to see this beautiful landscape that you can never visit because they are in the skybox. It's like a tiny model built outside of the map and enlarged and put up as an illussion so the map looks much bigger than it actually is. So many times I've seen an absolutely gorgeous landscape and wanted to climb the highest mountain top. Finally a game where they say you can do that if you want! Every other time you've been sort of able to climb a somewhat distant mountain, it has been rather dissapointing, because since you can visit the mountain, they haven't put an epic natural look on it so it's just like any other place in the game. But here in skyrim, finally, there'll be some real mountain climbing action. Hopefully we won't glide around as clumsily as when we try to jump up on the mountains in Oblivion. That always sucked. I hope you'll be able to climb on steep slopes and such. Anyone else hyped on some climbing?!

One thing, in a lot of games that I've played, even games like Counter-Strike source and other Source based games, you get to see this beautiful landscape that you can never visit because they are in the skybox. It's like a tiny model built outside of the map and enlarged and put up as an illussion so the map looks much bigger than it actually is. So many times I've seen an absolutely gorgeous landscape and wanted to climb the highest mountain top. Finally a game where they say you can do that if you want! Every other time you've been sort of able to climb a somewhat distant mountain, it has been rather dissapointing, because since you can visit the mountain, they haven't put an epic natural look on it so it's just like any other place in the game. But here in skyrim, finally, there'll be some real mountain climbing action. Hopefully we won't glide around as clumsily as when we try to jump up on the mountains in Oblivion. That always sucked. I hope you'll be able to climb on steep slopes and such. Anyone else hyped on some climbing?!

Yeh, yeh I think it'd be safe to say I'm excited.. :biggrin:

exploration is a major part of the fun for me, I can't wait to climb the highest peak. I wonder if the 3rd person animation whilst walking up a slope will be improved. Would be cool if you can actually climb an almost verticle cliff not just walk up angled slopes

Come to think of it, simply pressing forward towards the mountain while spamming the jump button, hoping to catch a spot that'll let you inch up the side may not work as well anymore because they put more focus on designing the mountains and also because there isn't an acrobatics skill to help get around to higher places. I hope there's a perk that increases jump height...

It'll indeed be a glorious sight to behold, standing on top of the highest peaks of Skyrim.