liquid cooling for an Intel i5-2500k

So for a Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor (4x 3.30GHz/6MB L3 Cache)

Liquid CPU Cooling System [sOCKET-1155 & 1156]

vs.

Thermaltake SpinQ CPU Cooling Fan System

does this processor benefit (lifetime, performance, etc.) from having a liquid cooling system versus a good cooling fan system?

It's not about the type of cooling, it's about the temperatures. And more precisely about the voltages (afaik) but no need to get into that right now.

The cooler does NOT affect performance in any way, unless the processor's temperature does.

Every. Single. Processor. WILL benefit from good cooling over bad cooling, obviously. When it comes to lifetime. This one isn't an exception

If you're asking which one of those is a better cooler, no one can tell you because you have to be much more precise on what this Liquid CPU Cooling System is.

But usually those custom, more expensive liquid cooling systems are better than the air coolers.

Most liquid cooling systems are more user intensive than simple fan cooling. You may have to install the special cooling block on the CPU, hook up tubing, install a radiator, install a pump, install and wire a fan, fill with the specified liquid, be sure all of the air is out and then seal the system and hope there are no leaks.

Some liquid cooling solutions come as a complete sealed system now. With all hoses block and radiator with fan already attached. Much simpler installation, but not as versatile as the kit type as the hoses are a fixed length. and nothing can be changed for a custom fit. But the chances of a computer destroying leak are much reduced also. If you opt for the sealed system, be sure the included CPU cooling block is made to fit your CPU or you will have to exchange the entire system. And there is ample space for installing the radiator as the one I use has the radiator installed inside the case.

thanks so much...both of u gave me some really informative info. i was already leaning toward the liquid cooling system (which does come preinstalled on the comp.) but now i think that the liquid cooling kit is the way to go. at least for me

Unless you're going for massive overclocks and need the absolute best cooling without going liquid nitrogen or smthing, go with air. No real need for liquid cooling for the casual gamers, or even the more extreme ones. But for the absolute most extreme ones, perhaps. There's always the risk of leak, like bben said

Its a Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System

and ive still been mulling over whether to get it or just get a high quality air cooler....I almost dont want to bother with the possible headache of a liquid cooling system.