Anthony Weiner

marharth

A politician LIED? OMG!!! The world must be ending......

Politicians lie every day, and about things that carry FAR more importance than some naughty pics. (which will be immortalized on the web forevermore. :D) Yet we never see them held accountable for that either.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The seriousness of it all depends what else crawls out of the woodwork and who else he might have sent the pix to. (Nuff said in case that becomes sub judice at any point.) Quite apart from him having shown himself up as a buffoon who is not only somewhat pervy but also a liar.

For some people Anthony Weiner is a saviour because he diverts some attention from real problems.

See Below an example of one... Oops, sorry if this is a naughty picture displaying gratefulnesses for a diversion from some other political affairs.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/6/8/5fe15968-6bb4-4d40-9900-8cdd7e10d8a1.jpg

oh and yes I agree with you HeyYou because of the things my example did lie to a lot of people of very important things ...

Edited by SilverDNA

Marharth, you surely must remember that Bent Willy was having it away with a White House intern, one Ms Lewinsky? That is as much an abuse of power and as improper as a doctor having a relationship with a patient.

And as for Mr Weiner, he is posting pictures of his genitalia all over the internet, some of us have seen the not very pretty sight (let's say I am not impressed, Weener indeed....) and you are certainly not going to get me posting the links here as that's against the rules. He's a ruddy congressman for goodness sake, and he is abusing his power in that he could well be doing this because of who he is, because, as bben46 so rightly puts it, he is a fool and an egomaniac who thinks he is infallible. His behaviour is offensive to his constituents and to his office.

You should be glad that in the USA politicians and stars can still get held to account. not to mention ridicule, for such gross behaviour. Over here in the UK we would not be allowed to discuss it - I assume you have heard of super injunctions?

If you don't have a link can you at least tell me where to find it? I searched for a bit and couldn't find anything in relation to him abusing power.

You are instantly abusing power for being a high rank and having a affair? Why is that abusing power? The women in Clinton's case agreed to it, and I don't see how that is abuse of power. She chose for herself to do it, its not like he forced her using his power.

I don't see how wiener is abusing power either, anyone could go on the internet and send out penis pictures, just because he is in a place of power that means he is abusing it by doing so?

Abuse of power is highly subjective, and it could be argued that ANY person in a position of authority propositioning someone below them could be considered abuse of power....... even though the person in question might have been wanting to 'go there' in any event. (for other reasons other than "they are in authority over me.")

Abuse of power is highly subjective, and it could be argued that ANY person in a position of authority propositioning someone below them could be considered abuse of power....... even though the person in question might have been wanting to 'go there' in any event. (for other reasons other than "they are in authority over me.")

If its the person under the person in power thinking "this is a good idea because he has power!" it is not the fault of the person in power.

That's the fault of the person thinking that the person is power is somehow better then them.

Its only abuse of power if the person in power eggs them on, or starts something that has to do with his power.

Politicians lie every day, and about things that carry FAR more importance than some naughty pics. (which will be immortalized on the web forevermore. :D) Yet we never see them held accountable for that either.

Yeah, liars are COOL! Nothing wrong with lying. :wacko:

Yeah, liars are COOL! Nothing wrong with lying. :wacko:

Please don't get the impression that I find that type of behavior acceptable.

No wonder this country is going down the toilet if having an affair with someone you are in a position of authority over is not considered abuse of power anymore.

There is a reason a person in the military cannot date a subordinate after all. :wallbash:

No wonder this country is going down the toilet if having an affair with someone you are in a position of authority over is not considered abuse of power anymore.

There is a reason a person in the military cannot date a subordinate after all. :wallbash:

Because it would effect decisions in combat...?

It has nothing to do with abuse of power.

So to get this right...

If I was in a position of power, and had a affair, that instantly means I am abusing power? Does that mean that everyone that is under your power can not make their own decisions and are brainwashed by people with power?