Anthony Weiner

marharth

So, basing statements on facts that don't exist...... denying that he was involved with white supremacist groups, expanding NAFTA into the "north american union", etc, aren't lies? What do you call them? Half truths? Speculation?

He is a scaremonger. And quite probably a racist. (not basing that on just one article either.) He makes inflationary statements that bear very little resemblance to the facts at hand, to try and persuade people to his way of thinking. To me, those are lies.

Even his own party regards him as a nut-job, and un-electable.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, basing statements on facts that don't exist...... denying that he was involved with white supremacist groups, expanding NAFTA into the "north american union", etc, aren't lies? What do you call them? Half truths? Speculation?

He is a scaremonger. And quite probably a racist. (not basing that on just one article either.) He makes inflationary statements that bear very little resemblance to the facts at hand, to try and persuade people to his way of thinking. To me, those are lies.

You have proof he was in a supremacist group? When did you stop beating your wife?

Can you find one racist statement attributed directly to Ron Paul? Just one?

If the status-quo is against him that is a point in his favor.

And the attitude of people excusing it because "everyone does it" only ensures it will continue. BTW not ALL congressmen are cheats and liars, just a much larger percentage than the rest of the population (maybe).

All of them. Just look at any elected politicians campaign promises, and then compare that to their voting record.

Also, I am not by any means "excusing" it. Just a statement of fact. It isn't going to end. We have no way of stopping it. Voting someone else in there, is just more of the same. Politicians are, by their very nature, dishonest. They just couch in in pretty words like "diplomacy", or something similar.

Put it simply yes but what is the alternative .. because simply stopping to vote isn't solving the problem. so if you stop voting you must aplie improvements that are legit to maintain, by the laws of the country you try to make changes to other way your only aiming for anarchy witch is a proven to be a condition that should only be as short as possible. By all humble respect to you HeyYou you need to provide some improvements and alternatives in stating out this.

The largest party in America, by the way, is neither the Democrats nor the Republicans. It's the party of non-voters.

Robert Reich

Sorry 'bout the double post here but... wanted to respond to this as well.

Vote, or don't vote. Nothing changes. Your vote is merely an illusion that you have some control over the direction this country takes. The folks that provide the money for campaigns decides who runs, and oftentimes, who wins.

Unless EVERYONE writes-in their favorite "honest" person, the system we have today, is the system we are stuck with. No one has the political will, (and some would argue, or the desire) to change the system. They make too much money off of it as things are now.

Well HeyYou if you don't improve the democratic system to give power back to the people that was taken by the so called political parties dealing with their money then I assume that you are aiming to the same deceits and lies you where against earlier so I have my doubts that you posted earlier in another topic here in debates please if you are the somebody i think you are then you might reconsider some parts and give an honest answer, because on this lines you will end up where you have started.

Nothing is so strongly fortified that it cannot be taken by money.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

And you might take a closer look at my signature as well..

Edited by SilverDNA

You have proof he was in a supremacist group? When did you stop beating your wife?

Can you find one racist statement attributed directly to Ron Paul? Just one?

If the status-quo is against him that is a point in his favor.

There are several articles relating to his meeting with various white supremacy groups. Easily found via google.

I'm not married. We just live together, so, I don't have a wife to beat. Also, I really don't care for the implications there. I have seen first hand what spouse abuse can, and does cause, and I am not a fan. (worked law enforcement in my past.....) I don't beat women, only those that beat women.

You need to stop with the ninja edits. :D

In any event, you support Ron. That's fine. Your choice to make. I do not. We obviously have a bit of a difference of opinion here...... and once again, neither of us is going to sway the others opinion. (I can see a dead horse when I kick one.)

You need to stop with the ninja edits. :D

In any event, you support Ron. That's fine. Your choice to make. I do not. We obviously have a bit of a difference of opinion here...... and once again, neither of us is going to sway the others opinion. (I can see a dead horse when I kick one.)

Sorry about the edits, I kept thinking of/finding additional things I wanted to add and didn't want to post several posts in a row (when I clicked edit there where no posts after it). :)

Yes, I will support Ron Paul until I see evidence from a credible source that I should not. I know I am not going to persuade you either but I am sick of the mainstream candidates, they are the ones that have gotten us where we are today. Ron Paul (and possibly Dennis Kucinich) is the only one that votes exactly as he says he will, every time. He has literally decades worth of votes to prove the fact. He is also one of the only ones in Congress that seems to give a rats gas what the Constitution of the United States actually says. He is not perfect but he is certainly more perfect than anyone else I can find.

Edited by csgators

Ok, I lied. (I must be a politician!!!!)

Reading up on some of Ron's positions, I find myself in agreement with him more often than not....... there are just some side issues I have, that would make my reluctant to support him.....

I will wholeheartedly concur on the "lesser of evils" though..... perhaps a bit of paranoia would be good for the whitehouse. :D