This is a mod... for the ladies.

Quetzlsacatanango

And as I read the above posts I have to agree with quetz, I don't like seeing super models in the wasteland, why would I want to see some pretty boy.. They stand out like a soar thumb and so far beyond obvious.. If I am completely honest I will admit I like to role play a bit in fallout, which is why I love the game so much, and when I seem some supermodel mod someone made for some companion I can't help but think, in a world as a hellish as the wasteland and with Caesar on the move, you would think she would unfortunately be getting raped, robbed and left for dead, just as the innocent courier was at the start of the game..

Well, I want him to be attractive. This is a game and I don't have to look at extreme ugliness in a game and I don't like how ugly the vanilla characters are (that green skin is awful!), and I think you would agree with that seeing as I remember your pic of a substantially beautified Veronica: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/imageshare/images/1533668-1309816953.jpg

I don't think it would be unreasonable to want a male character with textures that are improved as those are (since the alternative is the green horror) or hair as good as that or tats and good clothes, do you?

Now, how good looking is always a matter of opinion. I'm not asking for super gorgeous. My very favorite character and constant companion in FO3 is Charon because I adore his voice and basic attitude in the game. I don't really notice how torn up, nose-less and ghoulish he is anymore. So I am not really the one to ask about looks, but here I would prefer something that isn't a green skinned human disaster and at least looks ruggedly and reasonably good.

@Odi - lol! :yes:

:) llama

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah I know, I wasn't saying make him look like a troll, but definitely nothing like the pic.. I guess its not my taste... That dude just did not look he belonged in the wastes is really what I was getting at, if you can excuse my poor writing skills :P

I agree with the vanilla characters being hideous as well.. I miss project beauty for fallout 3..

Edited by Dan3345

I do agree 100% that the girls of FONV need love too. We men have Willow, yes, and while Willow is a dream come true that puts every vanilla companion in any Bethesda game to date to shame, I would throw my support behind any "William" (i.e. male version of Willow) for girls. I'd even be willing to offer voice acting, but I have a kid's voice. :(

Good luck, though!

At the moment his name is Scruggs, alternately referred to in development as "Bro", "Brochacho", and "Dudemanbro".

I used something from Honest Hearts in his unique armor, so for now that at least will be a requirement. For now.

re- testosterone: He will more or less get my personality, so take that as you will. Which means whenever you are committing your impure acts with him... well... mwahahaha

For locations, I have to lean more towards a vanilla location, too. As much as I LOVE Zion and would enjoy it having a purpose post-questline. Personally I'd stick him in the hovel of all debauchery that is the Atomic Wrangler, but I recognize that that isn't very interesting. Maybe north of Goodsprings where you pick up that quest to kill those Deathclaws? I despise that area and its eating-your-face monsters. I haven't even gone over there at all yet on my current playthrough. :|. That could be part of his recruitment! "Hey look can you help me kill these five thousand deahclaws? I've had to reload my save 5 times and I'm just done. I need some help. I'll buy you a beer." and he can be like. "Well I was on my way to the Atomic Wrangler for sleaze, so convince me why I should bother helping you." and then you have to go through a mess of dialogue until he is finally convinced that you are either pitiful or awesome enough that he should bestow his presence upon you.

I wouldn't worry about his attractiveness. Niv offered her talent over in the beginning of the thread, so in my mind it's a done deal. *volunteering people to do things in a mod that isn't even mine in the first place*. X)

In response to "William" I actully like that. I was thinking the ye olde default Western "Shane"

Apparently I have a lot to say this morning!

Ninja'd and it's a PITA to edit posts on my phone. Scruggs is okay. I'm loling at Dudebro

I'm actually glad he'll have some of your personality for basis, Q, and I'm not trying to be all cute or whatever by saying that. Cocky and witty are appropriate in the setting, I think. Along with survival experience And pragmaticism and Dudebro will be golden. Yay!

I had considered sticking him in that Quarry Junction building. Like he had laid up in there for the night and when he went to leave it was full of deathclaws. And then he's like, "oh well. I got my guns, I got my booze, I got my robotic dog, I got me a back door up there where the GKs are hanging out. No problem."

I also considered Atomic Wrangler since some people seem to want him to have.. various tastes. And that'd be the place for it.

I also thought about having you meet him inside the securitron vault, like he broke in some other way and you just happen to come upon him while on your errand.

At the moment his name is Scruggs, alternately referred to in development as "Bro", "Brochacho", and "Dudemanbro".

I used something from Honest Hearts in his unique armor, so for now that at least will be a requirement. For now.

re- testosterone: He will more or less get my personality, so take that as you will. Which means whenever you are committing your impure acts with him... well... mwahahaha

lmfao "Dudemanbro" thats awesome s*** right there. XD

D: My impure acts have been ruined now!

Scruggs huh, that will take getting used to but it does give off a certain unclean debauchery feel lol.

I really like the Quarry Junction idea, I mean if someone is gonna need help anywhere thats a good place to need a group lol.

The securitron vault is awfully far into the game though I take forever with the main quest so it would be a long time till I ran into him. D:

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... I admit that Sloan doesn't have much to offer. But Q's already building a mod that places a companion there.

Or... was I not supposed to reveal that?

>.>

<.<

>.>

I'm trying to think of an early-game location that DOESN'T have a companion already recruitable there. I came up with Sloan, Boulder City, and Nipton. I doubt Nipton would work, considering the Legion butchered everyone there...

But what if Dudemanbro is found in Boulder City? He's already accepted the job of taking down the Great Khans in the hostage situation, but he wants to just rush in and kill all of them. The player can either offer to join him in the slaughter (evil option) or convince him that a negotiation is the better choice (good option).

And I say just give him a Kings leather jacket, Cass's Jeans, Sunglasses (Three Dog's, the kind worn by Eddie's Powder Ganger bodyguards), and a a bandana. I'll be swoonin' just with how ruggedly dressed he is.

Though if he'll have Q's personality... Hee hee hee... This guy is gonna be soooo charming. And pervy. Very pervy. But in a way that's like... "the erection is a compliment", ya know?

As for the picture Llama posted for the restyled Veronica... Ick. Too much makeup. I'm surprised she doesn't fall flat on her face with that extra five pounds of cosmetics weighing her head down.

Edited by Cyberweasel89

Boulder City would be great, it's underwhelming in the standard mod. I felt that there should have been a small, sprawling refugee camp springing up around it- the NCR presence would offer a sense of security (false, given the proximity of the Legion) and it would have interesting moral ramifications- does the player force the refugees into the wild to keep the NCR from having to deal with their general suffering and/or keep them out of the line of fire, or try to get the thinly stretched NCR to support them in a location right next door to the Legion?

Why not have him as a merc in the tavern?