No mount Combat??

Azhur

I just hope the mount controls are better than in Obv. I never ride horses because I hate the controls and the super slow turning. I know horses can't jump/spin 360 in reality, but I am more than happy to forfeit reality for precise turning.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually horses in real life can turn quite a bit faster than they can in Oblivion.But it's hard to have really fast turning in a game with FPS mechanics.I personally think that most enemies should ignore you while on your horse so you don't have to get off every ten seconds.I mean, is a mud crab really going to attack someone on a horse?

Actually horses in real life can turn quite a bit faster than they can in Oblivion.But it's hard to have really fast turning in a game with FPS mechanics.I personally think that most enemies should ignore you while on your horse so you don't have to get off every ten seconds.I mean, is a mud crab really going to attack someone on a horse?

thats a good idea, like in a way that stuff like Mudcrabs and some wolves won't attack a horse, but things like wild mammoth or wolf packs and definitely dragons will.

• 3 months later...

Well I won't be buying skyrim if there's no horse combat. I'll wait until they release a DLC, or its successfully modelled in.

In oblivion horse combat was achieved but it was player only and no horseback archery due to engine limitations.

Seemingly this will be the case with skyrim as well.

I've played oblivion quite a bit and getting off my horse to kill a lower leveled critter makes my tough character look like an imbecile.

Personally I don't give a crap about mounted combat. I'd rather just fight on foot.

Its just annoying to get off a horse to fight a wolf. Its impractical, makes the player character look stupid.

I won't never buy the game, I'll just stick with oblivion till someone mods it in.

Oblivion with all the graphic enhancements looks close to skyrim anyway. The rest of the features like dual wield and the dragons, I'm in no hurry to experience.

Imagine if you're on a horse and a dragon approaches. So long as you stay on the horse, it'll just keep circling mindlessly waiting for you to get off.

I'd like the LOTR 3 experience where I'm picked off the ground and tossed, and I have to keep running to put up a fight.

You know hide from the flames not face them mindlessly since there isn't an animation that show's I'm getting burnt.

The dragons here seem to want to give you the upper hand. Its corny.

i'm gonna get skyrim anyways, been waiting for this game for years now.. but i'm kinda disappointed mounted combat isn't in. there is not a good enough reason why it's not in.. any excuse bethesda makes can strongly be argued against... like making it harder to hit while mounted, less accurate.. but oh well.. i'm sure someone will mod it in AGAIN. rofl

Can a Mod make sword fighting from a Horse or atleast have us shoot a Bow and Arrow. :confused:

I really hope we ride a Horse and a Dragon swoops by while picking us both up. :P

I also read that when you steal a Horse in the middle of a Forest from a Dead guy, the Towns Guard knows about it. :wallbash:

there is a perfectly good reason why this wasnt included .. as some of you more well informed fans might know the horse was a last min addon .. todd said they wouldnt be in the game at first .. he wasnt sure .. he wanted the controls to be perfect if they had them so they spent a long time getting it right in the last few months before they started demoing . honestly we are lucky to have horses seeing as they didnt originally plan for them to be in the game.

Now leave the dead topic alone .. :dry: