Restrict selling my loot in Market District

peridos

I'd like a mod which allows me to:-

only sell shields, no other weapons or armor, to Stonewall Shields,

only sell light armor, no other weapons or armor, to Maro Rufus,

only sell heavy armor to Varnado, no-one else

only sell jewellry to the Red Diamond Jewellry store, not to the Copious Coinpurse, etc etc etc

In other words, in the Market District, I want to be restricted in selling loot only to those who specialize in it. I think that would make much better gameplay. Does anyone know how to make a mod which would do that?

Shields ,light and heavy armor fall under the armor category tab

jewellry under the clothing tab.

by editing some of those options

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/images/thumb/4/4d/CLE_TES-CS_AI-Object_Window.PNG/600px-CLE_TES-CS_AI-Object_Window.PNG

for each merchant , you will get something similar to your request without using any scripting.

I'm not sure if you can actually prevent selling certain items to NPC or not with it. It says they won't pay well for the items that aren't part of their trade. That is an optional feature. I am not sure if the OP wants Dynamic Barter Gold, which I gather is a mandatory feature.

What you can do is go to the specific vendor, go to their vendor chest, and make sure there are no levelled lists with items of undesired types. That way, all merchandise will be of that type, and then restrict it to the desired type of item in the Vendor's AI. This causes problems for Stonewall Shields, because you can't separate shields alone.

Shields ,light and heavy armor fall under the armor category tab

jewellry under the clothing tab.

by editing some of those options

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/images/thumb/4/4d/CLE_TES-CS_AI-Object_Window.PNG/600px-CLE_TES-CS_AI-Object_Window.PNG

for each merchant , you will get something similar to your request without using any scripting.

Ah! That's a step in the right direction. I'll be able to stop selling armor to a weapons store, and stop selling weapons to an armor store, and stop Thoronir from buying weapons and armor, too. It's a pity they don't make a distinction between light and heavy armor sellers, though, and between shields and other armor, and between jewellery and other clothing. Of course, one can simply be careful when selling loot, to sell the right stuff to the right vendor - but it would be even better to be restricted. Thanks for pointing this out, though! It is helpful. :)

Shoot me if I'm wrong but I thought Enhanced Economy does that--I use it but allow all sellers to buy from me so that I'm not limited.

Wo! Enhanced Economy gives you a huge number of options, doesn't it! I've downloaded it, and I'll study each of the options to see if I can get the restrictions I want out of it. I'll probably use some of the other options too, so thanks for the tip!

I'm not sure if you can actually prevent selling certain items to NPC or not with it. It says they won't pay well for the items that aren't part of their trade. That is an optional feature. I am not sure if the OP wants Dynamic Barter Gold, which I gather is a mandatory feature.

Yes, I've read through the options and it doesn't actually stop you selling the items. But it has a lot of other interesting options.

From a "real world" point of view, buying all items but giving very low prices for unwanted stuff is probably as realistic as only buying niche stuff, for some traders. After all, if business is bad, a trader might buy something out-of-their-range and sell it on to another trader later for a profit.

That way you'd expect arms-related traders to all buy armour AND weapons, but you'd expect better prices for their specilaist area, so (in the Imperial City) Roxanne would still be the best place for swords, etc, but would only give (say) half as much for armour, and pay very little for (for example) alchemy stuff - it's a longer walk down to the Gilded carafe to sell the unwanted herbs :)