Skyrim is a port for PC

Thelionheart

I didnt have much hope for this game, after the latest 'consolization' of Duke Nukem Forever. New games are getting worse and worse.

So now, my meager hopes for this game are gone. I was going to buy it when it was in the bargain bin, now I'll probably not buy it at all.

For me, 11+11+11 = Battlefield 3.

Edited by CommanderCrazy

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me try my best to summarize this thread,

"I can't believe it's a port.

JUST LIKE OBLIVION. (Game of the Year, Host game for Mod of the Year 2009, easily one of the most played non-mmo RPGs.)"

Cry some more. If this game isn't great, modders will make it great. Even though everything about the gameplay we've seen says otherwise.

PS; can I get some -reasons- this game will suck because it's a port? I'd like an example other than "it's dumbed down", which doesn't seem to have a backing, as Oblivion's UI didn't get many complaints during it's announcement and release.

I say just ignore those who simply hate because they can, You still think the game is epic? all the power to you, don't let anyone rain on your parade. Some will mind, some won't. What matters is your personal feelings. Let those who deal with absolutes miss out.

You will never please everyone in everything you do, The TES series are open and therefore you create your own experience so that being said, whatever you think yourself should be all that matters and not what others say, reacting just causes more conflict

Well...I have stated my concerns specifically but I will do it again, it is the hope that for my own particular reasons, the controls are not too complex and that they don't make flashy three or four button at a time moves essential. This is not being elitist, it is stating the fact that I find this kind of thing difficult to do these days.

I'm sure they'll take that under consideration, I personally had trouble with that too, with Force Unleashed on PC, the finishing moves were always difficult for me to do... but it was still fun all the same

I was all in for the PC version. But now, after hearing this, I'll most likely buy the game on both Xbox and PC. I would, without any doubt have bought the PC version at once if it wasn't for my computer. I want to maximize the experience with Skyrim, and if my computer only can handle Good-Medium, I'll either have to buy a new PC or just play it on the Xbox. Otherwise, I could just plug the keyboard to the Xbox and it's basically a PC, without mods.

I am about to build a new PC for Skyrim - already have one graphics card, new mobo, processor, RAM, PSU, Optical Drive and HDD, Coolermaster HAF 932 case landing tomorrow, will order another graphics card on payday to Crossfire. I do hope I haven't blown all that wonga for nothing.

Well...I have stated my concerns specifically but I will do it again, it is the hope that for my own particular reasons, the controls are not too complex and that they don't make flashy three or four button at a time moves essential. This is not being elitist, it is stating the fact that I find this kind of thing difficult to do these days.

But that's highly unlikely. TES has never required you to press multiple buttons at once. The combat is probably still going to be more or less like that in Oblivion, except that you now have shouts and control the items you hold in both hands. Besides, I said your complaint was actually valid. Yours is more or less the only one I've seen in this thread that hasn't been soaked in elitism. :P

Edited by Halororor