Developments and Modding Team for ATDungeonKeeper

kingtitan

"Well none of them would be "cast on self"... These are to use on the prisoners!"

Ah, a transport spell to use on others.... Now I get it. No problem.

"If you could replicate the spell that the weird lady in SI uses that would be nice. Include a small amount of damage or else it will be fairly useless"

You mean that Relmyna something - woman...? I'll look into what she does than... I'll get back on that once I've taken a look at her.

And I want a full on "resurrect" spell. I mean, I have a mod that does that as it is, I just want this mod to have its own. If you can, script it in to be recieved whenever the player gets the other "prison spells"

Those scripts I attached in the spoilers do as explained, one is a resurrect spell and the other a spell "of life and death", as it resurrects the dead or kills the living. I suppose they're "full-on"... (or do you mean details other than resurrecting or something..?)

If you'd like (or have trouble inplementing given scripts), I can implement my scripts for you, but that would mean you'd have to have all components involving the scripts done and sending the esp.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) What, you mean like cast on self and go to a specific location...? Or more like mark & recall, or any other system..?

2) So basically just a spell with visual torture effects, but little to no damage...?

3) Assuming you actually mean revive instead of reanimate, this is an easy one as well.

The simplest way;

scn 0DeathSpell

ref Self

begin ScriptEffectStart
set Self to GetSelf
if Self.GetDead == 0
	Self.kill
endif
end

(Kills the living)

Personal preferance;

scn 0LifeDeathSpell

ref Self

begin ScriptEffectStart
set Self to GetSelf
if Self.GetDead ==1
	Self.resurrect 1
	return
else
	Self.kill
endif
end

(Kills the living, resurrects the dead (animated))

Well none of them would be "cast on self"... These are to use on the prisoners! If you could replicate the spell that the weird lady in SI uses that would be nice. Include a small amount of damage or else it will be fairly useless. And I want a full on "resurrect" spell. I mean, I have a mod that does that as it is, I just want this mod to have its own. If you can, script it in to be recieved whenever the player gets the other "prison spells". Basically (as im not sure you have this mod) it is going to be necessary for anyone that works on this mod to have the mod installed, elsewise it will be nearly impossible to complete soundly.

About this "resurrection" spell:

There is a staff present in the dungeon (I believe it was called "Staff of Enternal Pain") that can resurrect death prisoners, but for a limited time. Maybe one of you can change the script to make the "resurrection time" unlimited?

I also have a few extra suggestions (NOTE that I give these because you wanted more suggestions and because they could inspire you, so there is no pressure and no problem if these suggestion never make it into the mod).

1) Cage(s) that can be lowered into water, and will eventually drown the prisoner in it. It would be like the lava cage, but the prisoner would die more slowly.

2) An actual use for the small cave with the water well.

3) A possibility to be imprisoned yourself! I always thought the normal prisons were pretty boring, It would be cool if you could undergo

the same fate as the other prisoners. Maybe this could be done if your bounty is high enough, if your bounty is extremely high normal prisons

are just not enough. So you are sent to the dungeon to undergo torture.

4) A way to keep prisoners in cells (this is more of a fix than a feature). Prisoners often wander outside their cells after I've returned to the dungeon.

5) Give the NPC's a purpose, for sample the one on the throne and the two next to him. They were obviously ment to serve some sort of purpose,

but they were never finished.

6) You said you were going to finish the Halls of the Dead, that's great because the place has great potential. But maybe it would be cool to give it more

use besides just turning prisoners into zombies. Maybe the place can also be used to let the zombies "play" with the prisoners.

Wel that's about it. I hope you liked my suggestions, do with them what you want ;)

Edited by windu190

@kingtitan - Elys silent voice is the mod most people use to handle dialogue speed options - a lot of users will probably already have it installed, and it removes the need for all the silent mp3 files. It does involve using OBSE though - if you don't want your mod to require OBSE you'll need lots of dummy mp3's and make your mod considerably larger in consequence.

I haven't played this mod, but I have played Dungeon Keeper 1 and Dungeon Keeper 2. From reading this thread, it sort of sounds like everyone is missing the point. Dungeon Keeper is not about torture. Dungeon Keeper is about defending your dungeon from those vile heroes that keep attacking it and about defending it from rival dungeon keepers who are trying to take it over.

Yes, there is torture in Dungeon Keeper, but it is not very important to the main conflict and is not the raison d'etre of the game.

I haven't played this mod, but I have played Dungeon Keeper 1 and Dungeon Keeper 2. From reading this thread, it sort of sounds like everyone is missing the point. Dungeon Keeper is not about torture. Dungeon Keeper is about defending your dungeon from those vile heroes that keep attacking it and about defending it from rival dungeon keepers who are trying to take it over.

Yes, there is torture in Dungeon Keeper, but it is not very important to the main conflict and is not the raison d'etre of the game.

I don't believe the mod ATDungeonKeeper has anything to do with Dungeon Keeper, though. Shame, it'd be an awesome thing to have in Oblivion.

First things first, I made a super elementary mistake!! I told some of you guys the wrong file path haha sooo sorry... just move it to data\meshes\architecture. On my computer the file path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\meshes\Architecture. Like I said, sorry for the inconvenience that was my fault.

Ok i'll try to keep this as simple as possible while addressing everyone, so bear with me!

@GreatLucifer- Check out THIS video. It is what I have in mind when I refer to "go to" spells. Also yes, your provided resurrect/kill script would actually work wonderfully. Would you consider actually replacing the enchantment script on the "Staff of eternal pain" with your script? It just makes more sense to me that way.

@MarkinMKUK- What I am thinking of doing upon publishing the mod is giving a list of recomended "third party mods". That, obviously, would be number one on the list. I simply have no intention of increasing file size (true to AlexTed's original thoughts).

@windu190- I actually designed the bowels to be as dark and dungeon like as possible (without going overboard), so the darkness is there for a reason. I probably am not going to change it, but there are a couple ways you can change it to your own disgression. The easiest way (which is my preferred way) is to simply use a torch! I designed the interior of the Bowels to be used in conjunction with a torch. You can also go into the CS and change that cell's lighting. Either way should work fine.

As far as your suggestions go:

1- I like that idea. I plan on developing the halls of water even more and that might be a good addition, just semi difficult to implement.

2- It does have a purpose. Put a prisoner between you and it and use ATshove :) great burial grounds too!

3- I actually considered this, but the easiest way to do this is unfortunately just to pretend. It would be hard to implement that, but if someone has the know-how and such on how that might work, I say go right ahead. I like the idea I just feel inept at implementing it.

4- I have actually addressed that, the problem is that sometimes AI packages override other packages. Its easiest to just use ATcommand and move them back.

5- Hopefully, quests will be in a future update. My biggest concern now is fleshing out the prison itself.

6- Frankly I just need more ideas for the halls of the dead. That room and the halls of water, in my opinion, still need a lot of work to make them more interesting.

EDIT: The video is up, check the link.

Edited by kingtitan

It was never meant to be a literal interpretation of Dungeon Keeper. It was inspired by the theme of DK, specifically, that of playing an evil (and, admittedly, sadistic) dungeon overlord. No one ever suggested invading heroes, much less spells to create imps for tunneling and digging gold. The purpose of the mod is to recapture that je ne sais quoi that can only be achieved through playing as a genuinely evil monster, devoid of the trappings of that tired notion that would have to be resurrected to be considered merely stale and hackneyed, "be a hero and save the world." The DK series were among the few, if not the only, games that did justice to this evil approach, hence the loose association.

At any rate, no one here named the mod. That burden fell upon the original creator, AlexTed, who long ago abandoned the work due to the collective cry of "Burn the witch!" issued from both the Nexus community and the Internet at large (QuarterToThree forums come to mind).

It was never meant to be a literal interpretation of Dungeon Keeper. It was inspired by the theme of DK, specifically, that of playing an evil (and, admittedly, sadistic) dungeon overlord. No one ever suggested invading heroes, much less spells to create imps for tunneling and digging gold. The purpose of the mod is to recapture that je ne sais quoi that can only be achieved through playing as a genuinely evil monster, devoid of the trappings of that tired notion that would have to be resurrected to be considered merely stale and hackneyed, "be a hero and save the world." The DK series were among the few, if not the only, games that did justice to this evil approach, hence the loose association.

At any rate, no one here named the mod. That burden fell upon the original creator, AlexTed, who long ago abandoned the work due to the collective cry of "Burn the witch!" issued from both the Nexus community and the Internet at large (QuarterToThree forums come to mind).

I'll put it this way.... If you haven't played the mod, please don't make assumptions as to what it is about. I'm sorry if thats rude, but its still true nonetheless. However, @uberman, Don't lose all hope just yet :)) I have some ideas for quests that might involve similar ideas :) I really want to have a "defend the prison" type quest sometime in the future.