Developments and Modding Team for ATDungeonKeeper

kingtitan

I guess I should clarify my position. I saw a mod thread about Dungeon Keeper. I played Dungeon Keeper 1 and Dungeon Keeper 2 quite a bit. I really enjoyed defending my dungeon from those pesky heroes and rival dungeon keepers. It was a chance to roleplay a type of character you don't usually get to. But I should state that I did not enjoy the torture, imprisonment, and blood sacrifices to the gods in Dungeon Keeper 1 and Dungeon Keeper 2. I avoided those practices with the way I played the games.

So if this mod was about defending your dungeon, I would be excited to play it and perhaps join the project in expanding and building it. But reading the thread, it sounds like the mod is primarily about torture and imprisonment and not at all about defending your dungeon from waves of attacks. So it sounds like it is not the sort of mod I want to play, and definitely not the sort of modding project I want to join. Everyone else is welcome to play it. Tastes differ. This thread was presumably started to get people to think about the mod, play the mod, and join the modding project. I think it is unfair for people to treat me as if I have done wrong by reading the thread, and considering playing the mod or joining the modding project. Why was the thread started if people were not supposed to read it, discuss it, and think about it?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's best we all forget about this issue and get back on topic.

@Kingtitan

How exactly are you planning to give the poses from "Chain It" and "Dungeon Poses" a purpose in the dungeon? I'm very curious to what plans you have with them.

In case you don't have a purpose yet I may have an idea:

You may have noticed that there are some very large cells in "The Bowels", it's a bit strange to lock prisoners in a cell with the size of a house.

My plan is: Prisoners send into these cells are automatically forced into a certain pose. This can be done with a spell that walks/teleports the prisoner to a fixed spot in one of these cells and activates a random pose on the prisoner. And of course each of these larger cells can contain several prisoners.

Edited by windu190

If you're doing the water cages, then you could do something similar to what the lava cages in Oblivion during the main quest when you go to Paradise do (inside that one place you need the wrist band things for). Just leave it under for a bit, or if I remember right, OBSE has a script command that detects when you're underwater (unsure about this; may be vanilla or OBSE) and you can use that, then when they are underwater use "kill", then bring the cage back up.

Fort Carcernus by SurfingApe had a teleportation system somewhat like Aberwiin. ATDK already has scripting to have NPCs walk to certain locations, and occasionally includes sitting on a chair. I wouldn't call this system perfect, but it could easily serve as a starting point.

I don't know if it's the same thing, but ATDK also has a functional lava cage, which should make building the water cage a little easier.

I have successfully implemented a proper resurrection staff, based on Dante's scripting advice. Contrary to what I thought previously, it doesn't seem to affect faction affiliation.

I have an idea for fixing the wandering NPCs bug. It's sort of a brute force technique, bypassing the troublesome AI.

Edited by Deimos1313

Unfortunately I have had no time to work on this project. Haha between work, my girl (yes even nerds have girls believe it or not), and everything else, its hard to find a time to sit down and work on it. Just be patient and don't give up.

Regards

@LordFrostcraig

You mean "IsSwimming"...? Which you could also get with if GetPos z <= -5....?

OBSE bad... let's not go there.

As for the torturing anims, teleporting, and whatnot, I do not get the point of discussing or referancing (though it could just be me). It's not hard to do.

KingTitan, I too don't have all day everyday. But if you need help when (/if) continuing, feel free to PM me.

KingTitan, I too don't have all day everyday. But if you need help when (/if) continuing, feel free to PM me.

That sounds fine to me. I feel you, seeing as I'm in the same situation. I'll make sure to do that tho when I start back up and start needing things. The first couple of things I'm going to do, I can do by myself (third level of fort walls and possible exterior guards, as well as interior item and ref placement) but I'll let you all know as updates arise.